PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 500

sylwia137
8th Feb 2015, 15:43
Hello,I changed target from turboprops to small jet like eclipse 500 version 1.3 with rvsm ect.Is there any advise and expirence about this jet?

dirk85
8th Feb 2015, 15:52
Are you for real?

67cooper
8th Feb 2015, 16:00
Don't go down that road. Buy a King Air and don't look back.

733driver
8th Feb 2015, 16:51
Perhaps it would be more helpful to tell the OP why not to get an Eclipse and why to get a King Air instead.

I am no expert on either but there is plenty of info on the Eclipse (and even more on the KA) available all over the web. The latest Eclipse versions seem to have ironed out many of the problems of the earlier ones However, you would really need to do your homework before getting one (or not). On the VLJ side of things I think I would prefer a Phenom 100. Much nicer cabin and the support from a big manufacturer. You can get a nice used one for two million if that's within your budget.

sylwia137
8th Feb 2015, 18:17
It's a funny situation I am thinking about grass strip but two days ago city goverment signed agreement to build Rw 1350 meters, so that I am thinking about jet now I used to have C501 It takes a lot of fuel and inspections cost too much ,so Eclipse probably will be ok.

fleigle
9th Feb 2015, 01:00
Sylwia,
Please!!!...an Eclipse!!! for your location !!!
Please accept some reality in your situation.
1) Buy something that works for the money available
2) Has available, local engineering experience, and parts.
3) Has a crew pool of experienced pilots.
Kind regards.
f

silverknapper
9th Feb 2015, 08:57
If pprune is your sum total of research in to a potential purchase then good luck.

deefer dog
9th Feb 2015, 09:39
If you are thinking of buying the Eclipse you either have;

a very short memory,
not been involved in aviation for long,
don't understand how to compare performance data,
not considered the competitors
looked only at purchase price, and

need to get your head examined!

rak64
9th Feb 2015, 18:46
Just find the demonstrated crosswind component!
What is the lowest temperature for battery start?
If not messed up on that, look up the RWY performance tables.

fleigle
14th Feb 2015, 14:51
mirovinchi,
The same fellow also started at least one other thread asking about other aircraft and received detailed answers.
Do a search on his name.
However, your information is good, so well done.
f

Global_Global
25th Feb 2015, 11:33
Hi sylwia137 rather than coming up with strange aircraft all the time we might be in a better position to help if you:

let us know your budget
your flight profile (where and how often)
Use: private or commercial

happy to help but let us know your plan :8

67cooper
25th Feb 2015, 19:57
Funny how some people think that good advice is wrong unless you use a lot of words, even if the advice is the same.