PDA

View Full Version : Dispatching Jobs

BlueDog
5th Jun 2002, 15:43
Are there any aircraft dispatching jobs out there? How about with Servisair? Anyone else worth trying?

I have recently completed my CPL/IR, good knowledge of JAR Mass & Balance, Flight Planning & Performance but no actual dispatching experience. Willing to learn, bright and looking for a position in the South-East.

Hope someone out there can help me as I would very much like to be working around aircraft and putting at least some of my knowledge to use.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Blue Dog

BlueDog
7th Jun 2002, 13:12
Anyone out there who can advise? On any aspect at all?

I would be most grateful!!!

HODGY
7th Jun 2002, 22:11
To be honest with you the handling agents at LGW generally recruit internally for traffic officer jobs so you would probably have to start on Check-in or loading.

The other thing with the traffic officers for Aviance or Servisair is that they are traffic officers and don’t really have any bearing on flight planning (Ops officers) or load planning (Load controller) unless they are the experienced ones on the US widebodies.

I don’t mean to put a downer on things but as it is one of the better jobs on an airport you've got a lot of competition

Good Luck
:D

Ex Servant
8th Jun 2002, 10:20
Blue Dog, what Hodgy says is correct. I have a C&G Adv Cert in Airline Ops and five and a half years exp as a cabin attendant. I thought I'd get a dispatch job no problem with all that experience and training. All anybody was prepared to offer me was check in at £180 a week.
Not a good time to be trying to get a break. With the number of experienced Ops guys out of work at the moment the chances of anyone new getting in to anything along these lines is remote.
Still, there's always next year.