PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Strikes Back

rgbrock1
5th Feb 2015, 17:48
According to several media outlets, Jordan has carried out "numerous" air sorties against ISIS, predominately in Raqqa, Syria (ISIS's self-proclaimed capital.) The sorties are said to have numbered a "couple of hundred".

Me thinks ISIS is well in for a very rude awakening.

BWSBoy6
5th Feb 2015, 17:53
They didn't waste any time executing those two IS prisoners either did they?

What was also appalling is while IS allegedly wanted to negotiate for the life of the pilot for the woman suicide bomber, he was already dead. Scum. :mad:

Saintsman
5th Feb 2015, 18:23
Being as they don't think too highly of women, you wonder why ISIS made such a fuss over her when there must be more male prisoners available.

I'm sure that they had no intention of a trade and it was just another big propaganda exercise (which sadly they are very good at).

tony draper
5th Feb 2015, 19:04
Apparently quite a few Jordanians have left to fight on the Isis side,I dont think they will have the hand wringing and the "Oh dear what are we going to do with them when they come back home" we have here, in Jordan it will probably involve rope gravity and a bit of joinery.
:suspect:

meadowrun
5th Feb 2015, 19:08
Well, the woman was a failed suicide/murder bomber so Isis might have thought "practice makes perfect."

Jordon and the others now need to keep it up and intensify. Any breathing space for the idiots is a mistake.
I note it is reported, anti-Isis elements in the targeted city have said no air strikes took place there in the pertinent time frame.

G-CPTN
5th Feb 2015, 19:13
I heard that UAE has pulled out of the anti-ISIS coalition.

UAE halted Isis air attacks after pilot capture | World news | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/04/uae-united-arab-emirates-isis-air-attacks-pilot)

skydiver69
5th Feb 2015, 19:18
Being as they don't think too highly of women, you wonder why ISIS made such a fuss over her when there must be more male prisoners available.

Because the Jordanian prisoners were expendable. They meant nothing to ISIS as they were members of Al Qaeda so they could ask for them knowing that they had nothing to lose if the Jordanians executed them.

airship
6th Feb 2015, 17:06
I thought this was about basketball, but it's another of those threads... :}

Isn't it "high time" all the numerous IS / AL QAEDA / Islamist extremists and/or terrorists subjects be combined into a suitable hamsterwheel: "The Really Really Boring And Tedious Islamic Rants" one say... :ok: :uhoh:

rgbrock1
6th Feb 2015, 17:22
Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning, airship?

airship
6th Feb 2015, 17:51
Have you seen the number of new threads that get posted here every day? All on the same theme of IS / IRAQ / SYRIA?

How is one supposed to seriously keep track of or properly reply when every new thread is just another snippet of a larger subject?

PS. Ooops sorry. I forgot. In the USA, even the major channels' TV news programs are apparently interrupted every 3 or 4 minutes with almost equally-long commercial breaks...?! Or at least, that's how all the broadcasts I sometimes watch on CNN and CNBC (don't watch Fox) etc. appear here: fragmented into suitably-sized chunks for the American majority with a limited concentration span. :}

mikedreamer787
6th Feb 2015, 17:54
How is one supposed to seriously keep track of or properly replyAFAIK in Jet Blast one doesn't need to seriously keep track of anything Mr ship.

airship
6th Feb 2015, 18:26
Quite so md. But that doesn't mean we should not endeavour to maintain at least a semblance of normality here in JB. Failing that, the least (or lowest) common denominator eventually prevaricates... ;)

rgbrock1
6th Feb 2015, 19:35
airship wrote:

prevaricates

I got a headache after reading that word. Can you please try to keep it to simpler words for a simpleton like me, thank you very much?

cockney steve
6th Feb 2015, 20:19
Airship said the least (or lowest) common denominator eventually prevaricates... Sorry, but I find the vast majority of posters are fairly well settled in their point of view.......
However, if you actually meant predominates.........

Lonewolf_50
6th Feb 2015, 20:21
Heh, cockney_steve, you may be right on that.
For my own edification:
I am not familiar with slang on your side of the pond.
Sossy
What is that? :confused:

tony draper
6th Feb 2015, 21:08
The division by a common language grows ever wider,dude. :E

G-CPTN
6th Feb 2015, 21:36
Someone pee in your Cheerios?
Which reminds me that I bought a box of cereal on special (half price) last week - I wonder where I hid them?

One of the benefits of ageing is that you get to hide your own surprises.

ShyTorque
6th Feb 2015, 21:46
Even worse when you forget where you peed....

con-pilot
6th Feb 2015, 21:47

I'm going to keep that one. :ok:

Stanwell
7th Feb 2015, 01:14
"... we should endeavour to maintain at least a semblance of normality here in JB."

This is coming from our correspondent who periodically crawls out from under a rock, infests a few threads with his (ahem) wit, intellect and literacy - then disappears again (thankfully).

I'm sure he thinks he really is well-balanced, clever and creative - because, y'see, his mother told him so.

airship
7th Feb 2015, 16:10
I don't understand why you brought my dear (departed 2013) mum into this. My grandad was a bit of a philanderer though. Perhaps you and I are somehow distantly related?

Now where was I? Oh yes, LCDs... :}

G-CPTN
7th Feb 2015, 16:14
Lowest Common Denominators? :confused:

Don_Apron
7th Feb 2015, 16:28
Just heard the UAE top guns are coming back. Yup dinkkum, going to based in Jordan.

Hand holding til they get their bottle back?:}

Akrotiri71
7th Feb 2015, 18:36
I heard that UAE has pulled out of the anti-ISIS coalition.

UAE halted Isis air attacks after pilot capture | World news | The Guardian

UAE. Another corrupt cesspit! Inhabited by Russian whoremasters and greedy financiers. The place is rotten to the core!

(Yes, I did live there in the mid-70's for a number of years. Returned since on numerous occassions, which were work related. What a tacky, chav infested midden).

Don_Apron
7th Feb 2015, 23:42
Akrotiri71

Couldn't agree more. Biggest polished turd on the planet.

God forbid it is "hit" but why hasn't it?

svhar
8th Feb 2015, 01:11
I totally disagree. I have been a regular visitor for more than twenty years. There are not many places in the world where I feel as welcome and at home.

Stanwell
8th Feb 2015, 02:16
Kinda makes us wonder what that says about you.

I once ended being stuck there for a week longer than I should have. (business).
Never again!

bcgallacher
8th Feb 2015, 12:09
Spent a few years working in the Emirates - Dubai,Sharjah Abu Dhabi etc. are not countries, just places where a lot of foreigners go to work. Full of exploited 3rd world labour and sex trafficked women. If ever a place could be described as having no soul this is it.

airship
8th Feb 2015, 13:52
How much credence should be given to recent reports that the Jordanian pilot had in fact been executed much earlier on, quite soon after being captured even?

And if those reports are true, would it be reasonable that the coalition's intelligence agencies were all completely ignorant of that fact?

It might shed a completely different light on recent events if we only knew (what anyone else might know). Any engineers willing to comment...?! :\

parabellum
8th Feb 2015, 21:31
And if those reports are true, would it be reasonable that the coalition's intelligence agencies were all completely ignorant of that fact?

No it wouldn't. Once again the 'Need to Know' rules apply. Lots of sensitive negotiation going on behind the scenes, any intelligence, no matter how small or insignificant, will be closely guarded whilst there is still a chance it may be useful. Once in the public domain it is worthless.

ehwatezedoing
8th Feb 2015, 22:16
Just a personal observation.
Those IS monkeys (still) looks like angels compared to the former Khmer rouges.

rgbrock1
9th Feb 2015, 12:27
G-Cptn wrote:

The other being you get to meet someone new every day. :}