PDA

View Full Version : Looking to speak w/ pilots flying to Paro or Lukla

Canadian Researcher
4th Feb 2015, 17:37
I'm researching a television series on extraordinary airports, am looking for pilots who fly into Paro and/or Lukla airports and who are interested in participating in our show, with the ultimate goal of filming an approach and landing from the aircraft. If you are interested, or know anyone who might be please post up!
Cheers!

Air Driven Generator
5th Feb 2015, 22:07
I suggest you contact Druk Air as they operate into Paro.

However, it seems that the BBC may have beaten you to it. :ugh:

What a pilot sees landing at one of the world's most dangerous airports (http://mashable.com/2014/10/28/dangerous-airport-landing/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link)

sarge75
23rd Feb 2015, 10:38
Have sent a pm a few weeks ago.

Cheers for the response

jackcarls0n
24th Feb 2015, 22:27
I used to fly into Lukla on a single engine turbo prop now settled in the USA and working for a regional. I might be able to find you a contact who flies into Lukla on the dornier 228 or the harbin Y-11

reynoldsno1
24th Feb 2015, 23:32
the ultimate goal of filming an approach and landing from the aircraft.
... lots of videos on U Toob ....
Syangboche is pretty interesting as well...

FLEX66
28th Feb 2015, 18:02
Hi Canadian researcher. Feel free to PM me if you need any info regarding Paro. I would be glad to help. I fly the 319s here. Cheers !

Canadian Researcher
11th May 2015, 08:44
Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me on this, and apologies for the very late response.
We've been speaking with Drukair and were very fortunate to have, with the help of their media person, done interviews with a couple of pilots and one of the ATC's.
Just wanted to thank you for your offer, and apologize again, as I've been on another assignment, and haven't been monitoring this forum.

Cheers!
David