PDA

View Full Version : Faa to Casa or Easa to Casa?

Emilian
4th Feb 2015, 05:40
Hi to everyone!
First of all I want to apologize if the answers to my questions are already online on the website.(I found some infos but on posts from several years ago, or maybe they are about similar situation but not exactly mine)

I'm currently living in Switzerland but I found a regular job in Australia(non aviation related).Since I'm a pilot I want to know what i should do upon arrival in Australia to keep flying from time to time... and hopefully look for some pilot jobs as well.

I hold both Faa and Easa Cpl-me -ir 1 medical and icao4 and under easa the Atpl theory as well,
so first of all I don't know if is better to go for conversion as Faa or Easa pilot...

I contact some schools already and as I understood... i have to fill and submit a lot of forms...obtain Australian medical, than take a Cpl theoretical test... than to be evaluated in a plane... than take the cpl skill test... than the same for Instrument rating...You guys confirm?

1.What is the most time saving option?Faa or Easa to Casa?

2.Once I choose to convert Faa or Easa,I will still hold my original licence and just obtain another Casa licence, or I have to renounce to my original?

3. There is anybody that went into this process and could tell me plus or minus the costs and time to do it? ( I do know that if i fail a test i have to retake it, and if i don t know to fly i may need 1000 h of training for skill test, i just need a price range to start from)

4.There is any flight school that You may recomand me in the Perth area?

I really appreciate if someone has some suggestions or could give me some tips abou all this .

My best greetings from Switzerland