PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream stuck in mud

AmericanFlyer
4th Feb 2015, 05:37
Not so fast! Private jet gets stuck in mud | azfamily.com Phoenix (http://www.azfamily.com/home/Not-so-fast-Private-jet-gets-stuck-in-mud-290600801.html)

GIVSP
4th Feb 2015, 16:49
Looks like an American Express G450 - N458X

con-pilot
4th Feb 2015, 18:48
At least the nose gear was on the taxiway centerline. :p

deefer dog
4th Feb 2015, 18:51
I feel for the crew, and the gut wrenching feeling! I hope they keep their jobs.

INNflight
4th Feb 2015, 22:16
Big jet taxiing 101. Oversteer turns. Hope the owner was a Patriots fan and took it easy. :ooh:

Miles Magister
4th Feb 2015, 23:37
C-P
That is exactly why he put a main wheel in the dirt. On corners like that you have to take the nose wheel almost to the far edge before turning in.

A common but not really forgivable mistake.

letsjet
4th Feb 2015, 23:41
Surprised it's that soft right off the runway.

Simple mistakes can become a big mess.

Feel bad for all involved...

GSeries_jetcrew
5th Feb 2015, 23:16
I can almost guarantee his nose-wheel was NOT on the centreline during the turn. You can make those ones if you go nice and slow!!

con-pilot
6th Feb 2015, 19:35
C-P
That is exactly why he put a main wheel in the dirt. On corners like that you have to take the nose wheel almost to the far edge before turning in.

A common but not really forgivable mistake.

I was being facetious, hence the :p.

In truth, I do believe that the nose gear ended up on the center line more by accident than design.

By the way, I used to have occasion to operate 727s on some very worrisome narrow taxiways on relatively small airports, some I sweated blood staying on a taxiway to avoid ending up as this G-IV did. A few times I had to send the FE out to guide me through some really tight turns.

That way if I did go off the taxiway, I had someone to blame it on. :p

Not really, still would have been my fault.

JammedStab
6th Feb 2015, 20:15
Excellent point on the last post. In an aircraft like this, you can just stop, go out and look at the gear and then move forward, perhaps even stop again and take an outside look again and taxi as required.

This may very well have been at night. I notice that the taxiway lights as seen at 0:20 are well outside the taxiway edge. Something to keep in mind and try to be aware of on narrow taxiways. The double yellow line is the taxiway edge, not the lights.

SavannahGA
7th Feb 2015, 18:29
the G's have fore and cameras. why not use them?