PDA

View Full Version : iPhone usage App. Recommendations, please.

None of the above
3rd Feb 2015, 20:07
I've been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and have finally retired my PAYG phone and bought an iPhone 4s.

I have a reasonably generous plan but really don't want to exceed my allowances. Can anyone recommend a good App to monitor data use and talk time, please?

Many thanks.

N o t a

KBPsen
3rd Feb 2015, 21:04
Does iOS not have an inbuilt data cap feature? It is, as you say, the 21st Century.

None of the above
3rd Feb 2015, 21:31
Not as far as I can see. Deep within the settings menu, there's a display of data etc used, but no means of capping it.

ExXB
4th Feb 2015, 06:24
iOS 8: Settings --> Cellular, and then scroll down ...

(At the very bottom is a "Reset Statistics" selection.)

None of the above
4th Feb 2015, 16:57
ExXB, thanks for that, I'm grateful to you. I'm finding my way around the gadget. The mists are beginning to clear.

N o t a

Don Coyote
4th Feb 2015, 18:50
Data Widget is cheap and tracks your data with a widget on the lock scree, it doesn't do phone calls though.

None of the above
5th Feb 2015, 10:39
Thanks, Don. I'll look into that one as well.

N o t a

cdtaylor_nats
6th Feb 2015, 08:00
If you have a BT landline you should look at the BT apps which connect using their hotspots fro phone calls and data saving your contract minutes for time away from home and hotspots.

Booglebox
6th Feb 2015, 12:53
Obligatory Windows Phone plug: the "data sense" feature is immensely useful, offering configurable warnings and caps :}

KBPsen
6th Feb 2015, 14:14
offering configurable warnings and capsAs does Android. I would have thought it a standard feature of iOS as iPhone users generally use a lot of data.