PDA

View Full Version : Opthalmologist Required - HELP!!!

accountant
5th Jun 2002, 09:48
I need to find an opthalmologist who is familiar with PPL medicals, CAA regulations, etc. I am in Central Scotland, but would be prepared to travel to London. I need a report on my keratoconis (which causes me to be classified as "monocular") to submit to Gatwick. Or anyone (opthalmologist or not) who could give me advice in this area? I recall there was a letter in one of the flying mags a few months ago from an opthalmologist who offered to give advice but I can't find it now.

Keef
5th Jun 2002, 13:14
There is an ophthalmic surgeon/consultant in Southend - flies a Mooney. Did my "retina check", as now required for PPL medicals under JAA for anyone with more than +/-5 in either or both eyes.

Let me know if you can't find anyone hearer, and I'll dig out the details.

distaff_beancounter
5th Jun 2002, 14:09
I can recommend an opthamologist in Watford, Hertfordshire. He is also a senior flying instructor at Elstree.

He is very familiar with the requirements of the CAA medical department at Gatwick, & he often advises student pilots who have specific eye defects, but want to fly.

If you cannot find anyone nearer, drop me an email via PPRuNe, & I will dig out his surgery telephone number for you.