PDA

View Full Version : TU Delft / University of Liége - Searching for opinions!

mcfly87
1st Feb 2015, 18:52
Hello,

I am looking for opinions of current students / recent graduates about these two Universities - particularly Aerospace Programs conducted in English. I know that Delft is better but there I would have to start from the very beginning and in Liege I could apply straight for 2 year Master course thanks to their special transition program for people with different academic background than aero and mechanical.

I will be very grateful for any reply!

Thank you.

Genghis the Engineer
1st Feb 2015, 19:50
I've not studied at either, but am active in aerospace engineering professionally, both in industry and academia.

I'd say that Delft is highly regarded as one of the world's leading universities in aerospace engineering. Most league tables would put in the in the top 20 in the world for the subject.

Until I read your post on the other hand, I didn't know that the University of Liege offered the subject! A quick check shows that it doesn't seem to appear in any of the usual international league tables for engineering.

Interpret that as you will, and perhaps it puts the relative ease of getting into each into perspective.

mcfly87
2nd Feb 2015, 15:14
Thank you Genghis.

I did my own research and seems like there is only one option. There are many famous people among Delft graduates including at least one (Space Shuttle) astronaut. I guess that a Bachelor from this University will be much more valuable than a fast track Master from Liege.

Is here anyone that can share some experiences about studying in Delft? I am very interested how it looks from the inside..

Cheers!