PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Headed to Coffs!!!

willflyforfood
5th Jun 2002, 03:31
Just wondering if anyone could help. I'm in Coffs studying a 'Bachelor of Aviation' at Southern Cross, (yes it does exist...). I was just wondering if any of you guys know how Virgin Blue hire ground staff in ports like this. I've heard that they contract out companies (local travel agents and the like) to conduct the ground crew work similar to what Hazelton and QLink do. Is this true? So far, ive applied online. Id really really love to be involved. Virgin coming here is like a dream come true, as strange as it may sound. Any ideas or information from any cabin or ground crew would be greatly appreciated! All the best!
P.S. I can usually spell, but im in a rush, boosted with caffene, and really really excited!! :-)

stormywx
5th Jun 2002, 03:53
Ring their head office in BNE and ask, number is in the phone book.

Cheers
stormy

av2002av
7th Jun 2002, 09:10
Virgin usually contracts out the ground work in regional and new ports. Probably the best people to call is Aero-Care. They currently run CBR, CNS, DRW, PER and TSV. Check out the website; www.aerocare.com.au or maybe call there headoffice in Sydney.

willflyforfood
11th Jun 2002, 10:01
Thanks guys for the info. I phoned DJ in brisvegas and they said that all applications for any positions have to be submitted over the internet regardless of where the ground crew come from, (i.e. contracted externally, or employed directly).
I also have heard rumors that its being advertised in either SMH or the Australian looking for companies to provide the ground crew.
Anyway, thanks for the help. I put my application in last week.