PDA

View Full Version : Capt Gary Rogers

oriental flyer
27th Jan 2015, 02:25
It is with great sadness that I read about the passing of Gary One of the really good people in this world. My deepest sympathies go to his wife and children in this very difficult time for them

dribbler
27th Jan 2015, 02:34
A gentleman that I have the utmost respect for..... Was hoping to see him at work for many more years yet.

boxjockey
27th Jan 2015, 05:18
I enjoyed flying with him on both the 74 and 77. Good man, and he will be missed.

Arfur Dent
27th Jan 2015, 06:33
What a terrible shock! Where and how did this happen? Lovely man with a quiet demeanour and a good Trainer to boot. Condolences to Steph and the Family.

cyrex
27th Jan 2015, 08:47
Heard he passed peacefully in bed. He did my AL last year. Great Trainer/Checker.

Peebee and Jay
27th Jan 2015, 09:45
May you rest in peace Gary. You are a true gentleman, great Captain and a really good trainer.

LRpilot
28th Jan 2015, 12:12
Sad new. RIP Gary

olster
28th Jan 2015, 13:32
Sorry to hear this - RIP.

thumbwheel
29th Jan 2015, 17:14
Heard this news with disbelief. I had known Gary since Britannia days and always liked him. Never got to fly with him unfortunately (different fleets), but can imagine he was a great guy to be with. My sincerest condolences to his family.

crewsunite
30th Jan 2015, 03:15
My thoughts are with his family. Very sad and sobering.

The emotions of this I cannot rid, I personally feel we are working too hard in this job esp if you mix it with age and health issues. Esp if you are an STC.

When Nick Rhodes said some silly statement along the lines: The provident funds does not need much adjustment as when one retires later you don't need as much money as you'll have less non working years left.

If stats 10yrs ago are that an Airline Pilot passes away about 5-8 yrs on avg. after retirement. What will it reduce to in the next 10 yrs. 2-5 yrs ?

We need to fight harder against becoming modern slaves?
Deflect the pressure to work while fatigued!

And know their attempt at 3 man LH.

Again a good man lost, when is it enough!

How many of us are knocking on 900hrs?

Apologies to hijack, I feel some annoyed re this.
This job has way more stress than one realizes.

Fac6
30th Jan 2015, 05:12
With respect dude this thread is about Gary and not company bashing.

I flew with Gary many times and he was a true gentle giant! A sad loss to us all at CX and indeed aviation.

Condolences to your family Gary, we will miss you.

Molokai
30th Jan 2015, 06:40
Condolences to his family and sympathy to those who have lost a dear friend and colleague.

I too had lost some dear old instructors friends who deceased less than 5 years after retirement.

If it is not too nosy, how old was Captain Gary Rogers? Thank you.

VR-HFX
30th Jan 2015, 07:27
Molokai

Neither the place nor the time.

ACMS
30th Jan 2015, 10:21
He wasn't retired.

Very sad especially for his family.

RIP.

Hellenic aviator
30th Jan 2015, 20:51
Another absolute gentleman gone way too soon.

Deepest condolences to Stephanie and his Family.

zulapels
31st Jan 2015, 09:38
Fond memories from all the times I flew and had a chat with Gary.
First time I had the pleasure was having a Pizza with him at Pepes in Mainz back in late nineties.
Back then for a whole afternoon, he was happy to talk and listen to his young gung-ho Second Officer as well when I meet him for the last time in the briefing 16 years later for a chat about his life in Hong Kong and the B777 training job.

Condolences to your family

A great man, a very professional pilot, a quiet achiever and a great friend.

Rest i peace Gary . You're truly missed.

Phantom Driver
2nd Feb 2015, 05:44
Sad news indeed. Knew Gary many years ago (Oman). Quiet, unassuming guy when he joined, though didn't take long to join in the Thumrait spirit. But remained a gentleman, unlike the rest of us "hooligans"...

Captain Boers
5th Feb 2015, 17:09
RIP Gary and condolences to his family. As has been said throughout this thread - a gentleman through and through.

His Oman escapade lives on though! :ok: