PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Steve Emerson is a "complete idiot". Maybe CNN is one too.

rotornut
27th Jan 2015, 00:42
BBC News - Steven Emerson on 'brutal' backlash to Fox News 'Muslim Birmingham' comments (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-30789759)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
27th Jan 2015, 01:20
Crap media reporters getting a hard time at the moment!

Reporter: "Are you the best cornerback in the NFL?"

Richard Sherman: "I don't really answer pre-school questions. You improve your line of questioning and we'll talk."
Asked to explain the comment.
"I like journalists. I don't like people who just throw out dumb questions and try to incite controversy and let the story write itself. I like people who dig deep and research and actually have some journalistic credibility."

Muffin Themule
27th Jan 2015, 01:31
CNN's Steve Emerson is a "complete idiot". Maybe CNN is one too.

Well, if you classify CNN as a "complete idiot" on the basis of a report aired on Fox News ...

reynoldsno1
27th Jan 2015, 03:15
Rotornut on 'brutal' backlash to PPrune 'CNN' comments
27 January 2015 Last updated at 03:15 GMT
PPrune terrorism commentator rotornut has said the online backlash to his description of CNN as "Fox News" during a PPrune comment has been a "brutal" experience.
Rotonut's remarks were ridiculed by a few people.
In an online forum he told members he was "mortified" by his mistake.

ExXB
27th Jan 2015, 06:17
All reporters should engage their brains, before their mouths. Very few do.

This guy knew he had no evidence for his allegations, but knew he was speaking to an audience that would believe him and repeat it.

surely not
27th Jan 2015, 08:12
After Emerson came that nutter Farage, also claiming Muslim no go areas in major cities in England and Sharia law.

Emerson has a small excuse that he doesn't live in UK but Farage has no excuse at all for speaking such utter bolleaux.

oldchina
27th Jan 2015, 10:43
What did Forage say about sharia courts (presumably in the UK)?

OFSO
27th Jan 2015, 11:34
Muslim no go areas in major cities in England and Sharia law

Well, what would you call areas of London where Muslim youths assaulted women dressed appropriately for England, forcing them to wear headscarves ? Not something I read in the media, BTW, but what I heard from the family of one of the women.

It's been happening less frequently lately, perhaps because as one of the women remarked, "I learned my lesson and don't go down there now unless I'm with my husband".

If that isn't the definition of a "no-go" area I don't know what is.

As my old mum would have said "none so blind as those that won't see...." and there's more than a few of 'em on this thread.

KBPsen
27th Jan 2015, 12:25
I've once been told to "**** off and don't come back" by an OAP. Clear evidence that there are no-go areas for non geriatrics. Their numbers are also increasing at an alarming rate and soon there'll be places were zimmer frames, dinner at 4, daytime TV and sneering at anything made after 1955 will be compulsory.

TURIN
27th Jan 2015, 17:32
As my old mum would have said "none so blind as those that won't see...." and there's more than a few of 'em on this thread.

Yourself included on that list OFSO?

If that isn't the definition of a "no-go" area I don't know what is.

A few years ago a family member of mine was tasked with being on-call all hours of the night as an electrical engineer. His job was to head out to substations that had thrown a wobbler and kick them back into life.

One or two areas were notorious for being 'challenging' and before anyone would go there, the police would be asked to meet the engineers (they refused to go unless in pairs just in case the rozzers didn't turn up). The electrician's van would be equipped with all sorts of bits and pieces and a couple of baseball bats.

These particular locations were overspill housing developments from a local large NW of England city.

No-go areas are not new. But the politics of bigotry will always have an agenda eh?

ShyTorque
27th Jan 2015, 17:47
sneering at anything made after 1955 will be compulsory

I'd just sneer back, even though technically speaking, I suppose I was made in the autumn of 1955.

pr00ne
27th Jan 2015, 17:51
OFSO,

There are no 'muslim no go areas' in London, there are no 'Sharia law' areas in London, or any other British town or City.

Such an assault as you mentioned would have been dealt with by the Police as assault. IF, and it's a big if, the more radical elements of some extreme radical islamic groups did what you describe, then even in the areas of London with the largest percentage of Muslim population, they would have to start by assaulting the vast majority of Muslim women who are indistinguishable from any other women in these areas.