View Full Version : A Few Cathay Questions.

Saturn
4th Jun 2002, 19:31
I am wondering, amidst all the controversy, if someone could answer a few questions. I am waiting for the ban to end to apply.

1) Are they hiring into mainline and freighter?
2) are there US bases on mainline and freighter or is everyone based in HK?
3) Can you move from freighter to mainline or vice versa?
4)How long to move to mainline and do you have to interview again or do you just move over and what about seniority?
5) How long to command on mainline and freighter?
6) Is freighter still B747-400 and -200? and how is decided where you go?

Thank you. Good luck to all.

sourgrapes
4th Jun 2002, 21:07
Waiting to apply? How do you even apply? I have no intention of breaking the ban but would like to at least get my name in the stack in hopes of a resolution to all this, but nowhere can I find how to do this...are they even accepting resumes or seeking applicants right now? I've emailed Cathay and no response received.

Saturn
4th Jun 2002, 21:59
Thanks for the reply. I very much appreciate it. Hey Sourgrapes, I sent you an email with the fax number. It is on the website. Good luck.

sourgrapes
5th Jun 2002, 05:08
Thanks Saturn. I emailed them a letter and resume but I'll also try a fax.

Saturn
5th Jun 2002, 17:43
Hey, I don't have their e-mail? Can you forward it to me. Thanks.

sourgrapes
6th Jun 2002, 00:59
Saturn, I used [email protected]

Today I received in the mail an application packet from Cathay. Don't know if this is just routine or indicates they are interested.

Btw, I plan on honoring the ban, but the tenuous nature of my present position at US Airways requires that I get "Plan B" ready just in case the situation is resolved.

southflyer
6th Jun 2002, 03:21
hey Sourgrapes,

If AAA goes belly up, do you think all those senior ALPA guys are going to honor the ban? You might have a lot of competition in the near future...

sourgrapes
6th Jun 2002, 05:34
If AAA goes belly up it would put about 4500 more pilots on the street. We're an old group though; hardly anybody here is under 40 and most are 50+. Most I talk to claim to have little stomach for starting over. But I'm sure you'd get some guys who would disregard the ban.

Btw, the consensus seems to be that CH. 11 is almost inevitable, even if we can get the ATSB loan. Once in CH. 11, it could get dicey. A lot of guys I know like me (15+ years) are applying elsewhere for jobs.