PDA

View Full Version : Problem with BA First Class

Nigwar
23rd Jan 2015, 07:25
Some prominence has been given to a report by a TV presenter that he travelled BA 1st Class to St Lucia in the Caribbean. Included in the article are pictures of the dirty plane. The report is here: TV presenter who saved up for a trip of a lifetime documents grimy conditions on first class BA flight to St Lucia | Metro News (http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/19/tv-presenter-who-saved-up-for-trip-of-a-lifetime-documents-grimy-conditions-on-first-class-ba-flight-5028270/)

I've travelled with BA in 1st class and found it to be nothing but the best, I'm sure this problem must be a one off, anyone had any recent experience?

I'm concerned because we are thinking of flying BA 1st class from Sydney to UK and return, their rates are good and based on previous experience it could be a wonderful flight.

lexoncd
23rd Jan 2015, 07:45
I recently flew Ba first class to singapore on the a380. Have to say I wasn't impressed.. Yes it's very quiet but I found the aircraft very hot. I was wearing ba first pj's only! Others commented in that.. The seat area was clean and comfortable but service levels very poor.

Evening Meal service poor. Small portions but breakfast excellent.
Crew almost desperate to get your bed made up for the night at 9pm..
Limited catering through the night. Had to go and ask for a drink and almost reluctantly served..
No water through the night
No hot towels

Return service in club world 747 much better and being honest far better value. One odd crew member but remainder excellent.

All in all from the regions its better with a gulf carrier nowadays.

mixture
23rd Jan 2015, 08:01
Oh dear.... another thread-lock pending !

Nigwar see the thread lower down entitled.... "TV presenter finds 'disgusting' grimy conditions on board first class BA". The topic has already been discussed ad-nauseam.

I recently flew Ba first class to singapore on the a380. Have to say I wasn't impressed.

I gave BA First a go three times on separate occasions due to Avios I had to use up or whatever.

I would class it as "Club Plus" rather than "First". The food is not that much better. The seats are only slightly more comfortable. The service is not that much better.

I would never pay full cash (non-sale) for First anyway, but even if I could, I wouldn't.
As for sales and Avios ... unless it was a particular bargain, I think I'd probably stick to Club in the future.

its better with a gulf carrier nowadays

That's the problem, and unfortunately BA don't have gulf money to fund the fight properly.

S.o.S.
23rd Jan 2015, 18:36
Thanks mixture! I was busy yesterday and you gave the correct reply but just in case, I've got a spare padlock here ...