PDA

View Full Version : TOLD Data on Gulfstream and Falcon Aircraft

hookster
22nd Jan 2015, 22:03
Is the data you get from TOLD on the FMS calculations "advisory" only??? Do you still have to "officially" look up speed, distances, etc in AFM or is TOLD data as seen in FMS window considered FAA approved?

I have been told that Falcon EASY cockpit's are advisory only while Gulfstream's are valid for AFM data.

Any help out there?

envoy
23rd Jan 2015, 01:22
I can speak for the G450/G550.

The FAA-approved AFM specifically mentions that use of the TOLD software for takeoff and landing field performance is permitted. AFM Limitations 01-34-40 refers.

It then mentions that TOLD calculations shall be checked for reasonableness, and that the AFM Performance section shall be available for cross reference as necessary.

Hope this helps.

Jet Jockey A4
23rd Jan 2015, 01:34
And on the Challenger 604 with a Collins cockpit the FMS data is legal but on the Global with Honeywell it is "advisory" only.

I believe the new Global Vision is now also legal with FMS info.

500 above
23rd Jan 2015, 09:05
G280 approved also.

His dudeness
23rd Jan 2015, 18:28
From the C680 AFM Supplement:

2. The CPCalc, AFM, and TOLD systems are each equally valid sources of performance data; however, the operator must use speed and distance data from only one of these sources.

Steak&Kidney_Pie
25th Jan 2015, 19:06
Falcon 2000 easy are advisory only. Check the CODDE for the statement which says this. However it is AFM data within.

Sydy
26th Jan 2015, 03:33
Legacy 500 also approved.

Dont worry
26th Jan 2015, 07:23
@ JetJockey

Sorry I have to disagree for Europe World.
The FMS Data in the Challi is giving you the numbers for the Net Climb Gradient, but as a usual Pilot, you can only fly Gross Climb.
That is the reason, that if you fly the Challi in a commercial operation you must have a Performance Calculator Program like Guru to get the right numbers.

BizJetJock
26th Jan 2015, 09:17
No, he is quite correct. The FMS gives you net climb, as you say, which is what you are required to show will clear all the obstacles - and which gives you a small margin on what would otherwise be a very close pass of them if you actually flew the net path!
In theory if you know where all the obstacles are you can feed them all into the FMS (one by one) and check that you will clear them. The requirement to use a performance software stems solely from the fact that without the database in there it is impossible ot know where all the obstacles are, and which route to fly to avoid ones you can't necessarily clear if you climb straight.