22nd Jan 2015, 08:14
The King is Dead, long live the Queen.

RH gone in April...did he fall or was he pushed?:ok:

OK4Wire
22nd Jan 2015, 08:38
You might be right: sounds a bit like "push me, pull you"

Yonosoy Marinero
22nd Jan 2015, 11:57
He's reached the Swire management retirement age. That's why he's going.

Whether the rather tattered state he's left his department in has slightly precipitated it or otherwise torn a few holes in his golden parachute is another matter. One we'll probably never know about.

Arfur Dent
22nd Jan 2015, 13:59
Trouble is with all the CFO-controlled DFO's who are more interested in themselves than the Aircrew they're supposed to "Manage" (sic) is that the Rules of the Game come from so much higher in the Swire Group than mere DFO level.
"Hello, Gerry,Ken,Nick,Richard (whatever your name is), - Welcome to the Inner Sanctum - you are now financially secure for the rest of your life but remember that your brief is to keep those bloody pilots under control and reduce their COS as much as you possibly can". "Have you got that???" "Yes, I understand where you're coming from "going forward" -
Weak, lilly livered, self interested *****s the whole lot of them.:}:*

crwkunt roll
23rd Jan 2015, 00:40
She has absolutely no qualification that entitles her to the position.:mad:

White None
23rd Jan 2015, 00:43
I agree - we need Chuck Yeager - Hurrah!!!

..... Or do we?

cxorcist
23rd Jan 2015, 01:06
Personally, I'm sad to see RH go. He did a lot of good work for the HKAOA with his weekly missives. I wonder how many members we owe to him. AT is much better with words. So long Dick! You'll be missed.

joblow
23rd Jan 2015, 04:10
What a massive slap in the face for Mark H
So AT has 2 years in flight ops well that is one hell of a resumé What about some flying experience .?

ACMS
23rd Jan 2015, 04:28
True mate but the rot started long before King Richard came to be...

Captain Dart
23rd Jan 2015, 04:35
Another Star Chamber nasty gone, also culpable of reducing the pilot experience level of this airline. Which telephone box is he having his farewell in?

As for MH, who cares? AT will be similarly uninspiring but slightly more pleasant to look at.

taobao
23rd Jan 2015, 05:02
...with 3 months of notice

Frogman1484
23rd Jan 2015, 05:12
Never has there been a more out of touch guy with what is actually happening on the line...good riddance!

The new DFO should be paid as a C scale employee, then let's see how they run FOP! :ok:

cxorcist
23rd Jan 2015, 05:35
In an airline run by bean counters, RH was nothing more than a puppet pilot who pandered to his masters, accountants and MBAs. Well done, you successfully gutted a once proud airline to a shell of its former self. :D

Enjoy retirement. You have earned and deserve every lonely moment. Perhaps the French courts will provide you some much needed excitement. Bon voyage.

Pucka
23rd Jan 2015, 05:57
Which telephone box?? Love it!!

Arfur Dent
23rd Jan 2015, 06:47
It was RH who thought it was completely reasonable to close a European Base and bring everyone back to Hong Kong with 10 weeks notice. Generous, in fact, because they had considered firing the whole lot of them. Nice.
Absolute snake in the grass. If you see him after he retires - give him a few barrels from me!!!:mad::E

Max Reheat
23rd Jan 2015, 07:08
At time I looked an hour ago, CPA stock was up 5.33%... so obviously even the traders are happy at the news!

LongTimeInCX
23rd Jan 2015, 09:41
Joblow - how very true!

MH is not only a very good operator with street cred, but he's also extremely sharp, and as a well respected straight shooter with exceptional people skills, would have been ideal for the position.
Perhaps another missed opportunity.

19weeler
23rd Jan 2015, 13:41
MH will get his shot when he moves up a degree or two.

Basil
23rd Jan 2015, 14:27
Some lovely pictures here (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_GB/about-us/about-our-airline/management-team.html). ;)

HKJunkie
23rd Jan 2015, 19:14
Didn't see pics of 'AT".I've been gone a while though!

Yeager
24th Jan 2015, 00:06
Last time I saw the selfish prick face of RH was in the Anaheim Hilton back in 2007, walking down the hallway. Didn't like his face then - don't like it now. Hope he'll have an awesome party in the telephone box - with himself and his star chamber w@nker mates. Zero respect for any of those. :yuk::yuk:

19weeler
24th Jan 2015, 00:49
The review was undertaken in a meeting on 5th, 6th and 7th July 2001.
Attendees were as follows:

1) Captain Ken Barley, DFO
2) Captain Andrew Maddox, Manager Flying (Boeing)
3) Captain Gary Sampson, Manager Training (Airbus)
4) Captain Henry Craig, Manager Training (Boeing)
5) Captain Ian Rodwell
6) Captain Ian Wilkinson
7) Captain Jeff Turner, General Manager Operations
8) Captain John McCormick, Chief Pilot (Boeing)
9) Captain Phil Walker, Manager Flying (Airbus)
10) Captain Richard Hall, Chief Pilot (Airbus)
11) Captain Rick Fry, General Manager Flying
12) Captain Roger Marin, Deputy Chief Pilot (Airbus)
13) Chris Hoyland, Manager Integrated Crew Management
14) Dave Roberts, Personnel Manager, Flight Crew
15) Denly Hau, Crew Personnel Manager (Boeing)
16) Dennis Leung, ICM Scheduling Manager
17) Nick Rhodes, General Manager Aircrew
18) Paddy Cavanagh, Crew Personnel Manager (Airbus)
19) Ron Davies, Manager Basing Companies
20) Sten Kroutil - Industrial Relations Manager

Yeager
24th Jan 2015, 03:20
19weeler,

Was this the panel that hand picked and sacked to 49 pilots? :yuk:

A3301FD
24th Jan 2015, 07:57
Isnt that the FBIs most wanted list?

rhoshamboe
24th Jan 2015, 08:40
You can take Marin off the list thanks. He was one of the good guys.

crwkunt roll
24th Jan 2015, 23:40
I originally thought we were talking about the oppressive, racist, barbaric, egotistical pork hating King that just died. The one we're talking about eats bacon, yeah?

Progress Wanchai
25th Jan 2015, 01:13
Tells porky pies anyway.