PDA

View Full Version : Stock at Zero ?

VTA
22nd Jan 2015, 00:51
A certain large offshore helicopter company has a stock value heading towards zero value at a rapid pace... So, what happens then ?? Depending on what you read online it can be a good thing or a bad thing... What do our experts think ?? I really can't work it out...:ugh:

con-pilot
22nd Jan 2015, 01:36
Well, I'd think twice before I bought any stock in that company.

Do you know or have any idea why the company is doing so bad?

chksix
22nd Jan 2015, 08:10
Isn't that the best time to buy? If you have money to lose...

Capetonian
22nd Jan 2015, 08:19
Best time to buy ........ if you know what you're doing and happy to take the risk. By the sound of it you wouldn't stand to lose a lot.

Choxolate
22nd Jan 2015, 09:48
VTA A certain large offshore helicopter company has a stock value heading towards zero value at a rapid pace... So, what happens then ?? Depending on what you read online it can be a good thing or a bad thing... What do our experts think ?? I really can't work it outWell for the company it is a really bad thing and for anybody who has shares it is similarly really bad.
If the shares get to zero (which they never will - trading would be suspended before then or the company would go into liquidation) it means that the markets value the company at zero value - i.e. it is worth nothing. Would you lend money or sell goods to a company on credit if it had zero value? Would you as a potential investor buy shares in the company if its value was zero - you are payig money for something that has no value.
You may take a risk and buy some stock when the shares were really low in the hope that they would go up but you have a good chnace of losing the lot.
Think of Woolworths in the UK a few years back.

Andy_S
22nd Jan 2015, 10:10
Best time to buy ........ if you know what you're doing and happy to take the risk. By the sound of it you wouldn't stand to lose a lot.

There's a saying about catching a falling knife........

con-pilot
22nd Jan 2015, 18:44

Just after Congress voted not to fund he Boeing SST and there were billboards saying "Would the last person leaving Seattle please turn off the lights.", Boeing stock was nearly worthless. I had a friend that he and his wife cut down on all of their expenses to only the very basics so they could buy all the Boeing stock that they could afford for nearly a year.

They retired from working in their early 50s and have enjoy a very comfortable life style to this day in their 70s. I wish I had been that smart.

So buy stock in a company that its price is extremely very low can turn out great.

Then again you can lose your arse. :p

Fareastdriver
22nd Jan 2015, 21:00
A certain large offshore helicopter company has a stock value heading towards zero value at a rapid pace..

That is not a good time for it to happen whilst the price of oil is diving at the rate it is at the moment.

SpringHeeledJack
22nd Jan 2015, 21:10
Is this the one beginning with C or B ? It's an interesting time for the oil industry as the Middle East producers seem to have weaponised their output causing destruction to the rest of the industry, especially the energy heavy extraction of Shale Oil and of course the offshore sector where costs are astronomical.

SHJ