PDA

View Full Version : Flying from Uk to Europe in a SEP aircraft

african pirate
20th Jan 2015, 16:18
Hello everyone.

I am looking for general advice regarding the above trip and have a few questions regarding current customs Requirements.

1) Would I be able to fly an aircraft from the uk to a non licenced airstrip in France or Belguim as long as I depart from a customs field in the Uk?

2) for the return trip, would I be able to fly from an unlicensed strip in France or Belguim to the Uk as long as I land at a Customs airfield in the Uk?

Or do I need to depart and land at a customs fields on both sides of the channel.

Many thanks for any advice.

Knell
20th Jan 2015, 16:44
As far as i know, if you stay in Shengen airspace, no customs requirements, from or to.

african pirate
20th Jan 2015, 16:56
As far as I am aware, the uk is not included within the agreement, appreciate your input though.

ifonly
20th Jan 2015, 17:56
The answer is pretty much 'No' to both your questions.

You can depart and land anywhere in the UK for a flight to or from another EU point, but as the UK is not in Schengen you will need to arrive and depart from a port of entry in France or Belgium - suggest you check the AIP for these.

Lurcherman
22nd Jan 2015, 17:59
Not sure what your routing is but it is very simple to land at LFAT pay landing fee and kick on. Customs may or may not be there but you would have complied with the regs. You have entered Schengen so can go on anywhere you please.
On return fill in a Gen Dec 4 hrs before departure (if you are all UK/EU citizens)and email to [email protected] or via an app like Sky demon.