PDA

View Full Version : Vnukovo3 What is happening?

dcoded
20th Jan 2015, 10:31
Quite regularly fly in and out of Vnukovo3 and the sight approx 2weeks ago was quite depressing. We taxied in and both of the aprons were almost completely empty. From being FULL to this in such a short period of time.
Or maybe it was just a day when every one was "out"
Asked the handlers and got the reply "its holiday, every one is flying"
Found that hard do believe.

Deep and fast
20th Jan 2015, 10:46
6th jan is russian Christmas Day so probably was the case everyone was out.
10/11 was chaos with everyone returning.
No holding, just a long sightseeing trip of Moscow surroundings. )

D and F :8

Skyspirit
20th Jan 2015, 22:35
Actually Orthodox Christmass Eve is on 6th of January and Christmass is on 7th of January. They are free of work up to 12th of Jan.
No connection with economy, because it is going strong, remember ruble has a gold base unlike US dollar, and all this fall was very usefull for Russian State because they bought almost all shares of their big companies at very low price...so it is wise move!

EMB170
21st Jan 2015, 06:52
was there over a week ago and they had 168 movements a day. we stuck in hold for over an hour and were told to fly minimum speed over Polish airspace.

uberwang
21st Jan 2015, 11:21
You have to be making a joke because A… Russia's economy was no bigger than the economy of Italy.. B… it is pretty clear to anyone in Russia that there are now struggles…

Richard101
21st Jan 2015, 12:34
I think he is making a joke, the Ruble having a gold base is neither here nor there. The Rubles value isn't pegged to the value of Gold so the 50% drop against the dollar means that all Russian debt, a lot of which is in dollars, is not twice as expensive to service and most foreign import are now doubly as expensive <-- Not great for any economy.

Russia does have large gold reserves but...

“I cannot imagine at all that Russia has sold gold or would sell gold, unless its foreign-exchange reserves are depleted,” Carsten Fritsch (http://topics.bloomberg.com/carsten-fritsch/), an analyst at Commerzbank AG in Frankfurt (http://topics.bloomberg.com/frankfurt/), said by phone. “Gold is the final bullet, because gold is a store of value and outside of the dollar system and not subject to sanctions.”
- Bloomberg 19th Dec 2014 @ 3.26pm GMT

Above The Clouds
21st Jan 2015, 12:56
Skyspirit
Your post sounds like something right out of the Mr P rhetoric book of statements, a load of hot air and crap.

EMB170
The 168 movements you talk about were 90% UT Air not biz jets. Approx 10 an hour, wow nothing like it used to be a few months ago. Your delay was probably due to a government flight arriving or departing so they close the airspace for an hour.

Deep and fast
21st Jan 2015, 13:28
Off topic now, but Russia have cut back on imports and are spending internally so the citizens are seeing more income in farming and home produced goods due to this and it's prooving popular. Oil and gas I guess are sold in dollars so once converted back to RUB means this sector should be doing ok.
Russian holiday companies and airlines are seriously affected as leasing costs and down route fuel are more expensive meaning Sasha and Masha can't afford their all inclusive package tour this year.
Oligarchs, well lots of their investments are out of Russia as well so they could cash in for a windfall if they sell up. But having all your eggs in the russian federation could be risky, If you fall out of favour with Mr P.
Still, I think he has his own problems to deal with.
Sure activity may be down but the billionaires won't give up their opulent lifestyle without a fight.

D and F :8

dcoded
21st Jan 2015, 14:58
Thanks for your inputs all.

I've been hearing a lot of rumors, some confirmed about alot of aircraft being sold by russian owners, some even "taken back" by banks because persons under sanctions etc etc.

Any one here affected so far?

Skyspirit
22nd Jan 2015, 19:22
Gents please, dont be so manipulated by mainstream western media, you must come and see to make some serious statements. Please dont be invoked on Mr.Fritsch and his analysis, in first he must tell us truth about dollar system and his connections with US banks! Please take a look on some experts from west, even from US who telling us a decade or so that system that is based on printing papers (dollars) without cover is doomed to failure and more like crash some day in near future. It is very unpleasant news that all of us can/will afected. If EU politicians continue with this blind obedient with US, and that false representation of Russia as the aggressor it is way to nowhere!
Among ordinary people does nothing more panic than among people in the EU, speak from first hand because I'm working&flying between these two entities,...unemployment is around 6%. I realize that you are following main stream western media simply can`t understand this, but folks in Russia is more with Mr. P now, over 70% than ever (by the way he is not of my favorite faces)

Yes, some Russian charters are affected, as well as EU&Middle East tourism companies which know very good that Russians are among best clients, but Business aviation is not affected as things stands.

All that interference of politicians/journalists in the business is not good at all!

CargoOne
24th Jan 2015, 09:52
Some Russian charters are affected? Oh yes. Largest charter company with 45-strong fleet ranging from 737-800 to 777s few month ago is now 2 airplane operation and defaulted on all leases.
3rd largest scheduled carrier is de-facto bankrupt, many assets arrested and will stop operations any day now.
2nd largest scheduled carrier was saved by Government on a Christmas day by providing huge volume of state guarantees.

If you truly believe business jets are not affected and will continue to stay strong in Russia - you must be born after 2008, as this was last time s@it hit the fan

Above The Clouds
24th Jan 2015, 10:15
Skyspirit
Yes, some Russian charters are affected, as well as EU&Middle East tourism companies which know very good that Russians are among best clients, but Business aviation is not affected as things stands.

Skyspirit you are seriously deluded, and yes I work there.

Kelly Hopper
25th Jan 2015, 05:54
I can confirm, charter market is now very quiet. Worrying.

Booglebox
25th Jan 2015, 18:20
Can also confirm charter market in Moscow much quieter than last year :(

CaptainProp
29th Jan 2015, 06:39
Now hearing rumours about multiple aircraft, with Russian "connections", being parked. I hope we'll not see another 2008-2010 but I'm afraid that's where we're heading....

CP