PDA

View Full Version : Doomed AirAsia pilot’s last words were ‘Allahu akbar!’

ASH1111
19th Jan 2015, 23:32
Doomed AirAsia flight pilot?s last words were ?Allahu akbar!? - BizPac Review (http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/01/15/doomed-airasia-flight-pilots-last-words-were-allahu-akbar-172715)

Captn_Kirk
20th Jan 2015, 00:02
Was the Captain a muslim? If so, it would only be natural for him to shout this if they were facing imminent death.

jolihokistix
20th Jan 2015, 00:53
Reading the original article in Yahoo Singapore clarifies nothing.

Is "The National Transportation Safety Committee investigator, Nurchayo" speaking of a future 'will' scenario, a theoretical 'would' scenario, or his actual experience on this case? :ugh:

(Most other news sources do not report their last words.)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/qz8501-pilots-last-words-goosebumps-045026846.html

Quote: KUALA LUMPUR: Despite being an investigator for almost two decades, analysing the Indonesia AirAsia flight QZ8501 will be one of the toughest challenging for Nurcahyo Utomo, who knew the pilot personally.
The National Transportation Safety Committee investigator, Nurchayo said listening to recording from black boxes over and over again can be disturbing and requires utmost mental strength.
“Listening to the playback of a black box involved in a crash is not like listening to music or a discussion.
“We are listening to a recording that represents the last moments before the crash and it is disturbing. There are times where the investigators would get unnerved listening to the recording,” he told Viva.co.id.
Analysing the recording while listening to their final words like “Allahuakhbar” repeatedly, give the investigators goose bumps, Nurcahyo said.
“It is as if we can feel them... Allahuakhbar, Allahuakhbar were the last words said before they died.
“Despite the heavy heart we could not escape from the task. Hearing to the last conversation would be the key to reveal the cause of the AirAsia crash.
"We will know what really happened from the conversations between pilot and co-pilot prior to the crash," he said.
The task of analysing the black boxes would be harder for Nurcahyo who was a junior to the pilot, Captain Iriyanto.
“Indriyanto was my senior and he is the one who taught me how to fly.
“I could not imagine how am I going to listen to his last words,” he said.

Arfur Dent
20th Jan 2015, 05:31
So declare a 'conflict of interest', step down and allow someone else to do the listening! It's not that hard unless you only have one crash investigator!:confused:

onetrack
20th Jan 2015, 05:38
I would imagine listening to any doomed pilots last words would be grim. However, a professional investigator has to detach himself from emotions, and deal with the investigation thoroughly, logically, and professionally.
If Nurcahyo cannot do this, he needs to excuse himself and allow others who did not know the Captain personally, to carry on with the CVR analysis.

Baywatcher
21st Jan 2015, 02:06
Perhaps another religeous nutter, but a christian one this time!

jolihokistix
21st Jan 2015, 03:31
Except that by law in Malaysia you are not allowed to use the word Allah to refer to God, if you are not a Muslim... :ugh:

swh
21st Jan 2015, 07:44
The CVR was a hoax anyway, it was the Adam Air 737.

212man
26th Jan 2015, 07:37
In most transcripts I've read, the pilot says "expletive deleted", which I always thought a strange thing to say....:E