PDA

View Full Version : Biz Jet manufacturers info

Blue Sky / Blue Sea
19th Jan 2015, 09:26
Hopefully one of you will be able to point in the right direction.

I'm looking for literature issued by Gulfstream, Bombardier, Cessna etc with their recommended practices for the day to day servicing of their aircraft.
By servicing I mean what a ground support company would be expected to perform (Lav, Potable water, GPU, ASU, push back) without the requirement of a company engineer to be present.
There doesn’t seem to be anything out there unless you're an engineer and these manuals come at a great cost. All these recommendations/instructions are usually printed on the servicing panels so my logic states that there must be some sort of document that the manufacturers issue to ground support agencies.
The reason for the request of this info is for staff training purposes.
If you're thinking the "crew will/should instruct you at the time of servicing", don’t even go there. I have lost count at the different versions of what the crew regard as the correct procedure, hence this request for help!
Thank you

CL300
19th Jan 2015, 10:14
google... aircraft airport characteristics

you have most of them free..

BUT, because there is a BUT.. I would think that ( at least in europa land) you will need a kind of sign-off or delegation from a maintenance company to perform most of this nowadays, ( not talking about the SMS on top of it )

M-ONGO
19th Jan 2015, 10:52
How about giving them NATA safety first courses?

Blue Sky / Blue Sea
20th Jan 2015, 08:29
Thank you both for your responses.
The staff are well trained, current and been with us for many years.
It's not a question of their ability to do the job correctly or safely. What bothers me is the fact that they have to operate purely on experience and on what the crew considers to be the correct procedure as far as lav. Service, potable water service, is concerned. Each crew member seems to have a different opinion on what the correct procedure is for the same type of a/c.
For a ground power things are a bit more standardized but again you have max outputs to consider depending on the type plus certain types that accept both AC & DC (had one last week), which of the two would be the preferred?.
Quite a few questions to which the answers are known and taken for granted, but the answers are based solely experience gathered from operating crews, engineers and not on what the manufacturers have advised.
With the big boys (Boeing & Airbus) the info on the above is readily available. This doesn’t seem to be to case with the likes of Gulfstream, Embraer & Bombardier (exec. Side of the market) , Cessna etc.
Had a look at “.. aircraft airport characteristics” on Google but the info is not in there.

CL300
20th Jan 2015, 08:46
http://s3.e-monsite.com/2011/01/24/59369428f900-airplane-characteristics-for-airport-planning-rev-5-pdf.pdf

is this what you are looking for ? or the ground service manual ? for the latest you can ask to borrow it on each plane and make copies..

Mike Echo
20th Jan 2015, 08:53
Pse Check your PM's

M.E.

Blue Sky / Blue Sea
20th Jan 2015, 10:33
CL300

Thank you but this isnt it (apart from the last page with the locations of the servicing panels for the F900 and the GPU's 'A' output ranges).

Blue Sky / Blue Sea
20th Jan 2015, 10:34
M.E.

Just PM'd you.

M-ONGO
20th Jan 2015, 17:03
This information is available to NATA members for nearly all in and out of production bizjets if you are a member.

AGSO (http://www.nata.aero/agso/default.aspx)