PDA

View Full Version : FOX News ridicule continues ...

ExXB
19th Jan 2015, 07:29
It appears that despite a (half-arsed) apology FOX is still going on about the alleged "no-go' zones for non-Muslims in France and other European countries.

Here's (http://canalplus.fr/?vid=1198955) a link to one of CANAL+'s satirical news programs. The sequence trying to get a comment from a FOX reporter in Paris is hilarious.

The program is in French, but there is enough in English to be well understood.

*Edited to add here is their apology:

Fox News issued an unusual on-air apology on Saturday night for having allowed its anchors and guests to repeat the false claim that there are Muslim-only “no-go zones” in European countries like England and France that are not under the control of the state and are ruled according to Shariah law.

The statement was referred to as “a correction” by the Fox Report host Julie Banderas, who said that “over the course of this last week, we have made some regrettable errors on air regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly with regard to England and France.”

A Fox News correction for reports that there are "no-go zones" off-limits to non-Muslims in Europe. Fox News, via YouTube
“Now this applies especially to discussions of so-called no-go zones, areas where non-Muslims allegedly are not allowed in and police supposedly won’t go,” Ms. Banderas continued. “To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country and no credible information to support the assertion that there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion.”

Mods, if this should be in another thread, I'm OK if you want to move it.

joy ride
19th Jan 2015, 08:35
Putting "Fox" and "News" together is a tautology, akin to putting "Daily Mail" and "News" together.

I do not pollute my mind with anything these organisations broadcast or print.

bosnich71
19th Jan 2015, 09:08
Exxb....So are you are saying that everyone is free to enter any area of Brum without feeling in any danger whatsoever ?

Choxolate
19th Jan 2015, 09:15
Exxb....So are you are saying that everyone is free to enter any area of Brum without feeling in any danger whatsoever ?
I am sure the poster can answer for himself but when did you stop beating your wife, we should be told.

bosnich71
19th Jan 2015, 09:25
Chox .... about time you stopped smoking that green stuff down at the bottom of your garden.

Capot
19th Jan 2015, 09:37
Exxb....So are you are saying that everyone is free to enter any area of Brum without feeling in any danger whatsoever ?Well, Bos, old chap, I can't speak for ExXB but, for me, there certainly are areas I would fear to enter in any UK city.

But they are NOT those occupied largely by Muslims of various ethnic and national origins. The areas I and most people who actually live in Britain fear are those occupied largely by the white under-class trash, drug-dependent and violent, living on benefits, who believe that they have every right to rob and steal because it's not their fault, is it, that they are skint.

That's the area where you need a flak jacket in case of being randomly stabbed by some youth with a grudge against society who wants your cash, phone, wallet, whatever you have that he or she thinks is theirs by right. The stabber might be black, white or khaki, but he or she will not be a practising Muslim. Nor a practising anything else, of course.

Allan Lupton
19th Jan 2015, 09:46
Joy Ride
Putting "Fox" and "News" together is a tautology, akin to putting "Daily Mail" and "News" together.

I think (and hope) you mean oxymoron, Joy.

groundhogbhx
19th Jan 2015, 10:10
Having spent most of my life in and around Birmingham I can honestly say that there are no areas in the city where I would not go. There are areas where I will pay a lot more attention to what is going on around me, but that is completely different. A lot of it goes down to attitude, if you go into an area thinking you will be mugged, and act like it, then it will probably happen, if you go in acting like someone in their own neighbourhood then the chances of anything happening to you are very slim.

The criminal element in the 'no-go' areas will only pick out easy targets because they want as little trouble as possible, if they wanted to put any effort into their activities they would go and get a job. As for religious 'no-go' areas, I generally find that if you respect them then you get treated the same way, go in treating everyone like terrorists and looking down at them and you get what you deserve.

chevvron
19th Jan 2015, 10:23
Is Fox News not aware of that famous no-go area of Manhattan called Harlem?

papajuliet
19th Jan 2015, 10:23
And yet there was a caller to a West Midlands radio station, last week, who said that she was in a public park in an area of Birmingham, with her grandchild - she remonstrated with some youths [ she didn't describe them] about spitting everywhere, and was told by them that she should clear off [ her words but my guess is that it wasn't expressed quite like that] as it was an Asian park.

cavortingcheetah
19th Jan 2015, 10:56
.....(as it was an Asian park. )........

Why on God's green earth would anyone or any authority tolerate the existence of an Asian park unless it is paid for entirely by the Asian community, fenced and marked accordingly as private land for the use of Asians only. All other parks are funded and maintained from community funds and any attempt on the part of one element or other of society to appropriate such public territory for their own jingoistic usage should be resisted by all means possible available to general society.
There would be a case here for sending in the Territorials to eject the usurping renegades and reclaim the pleasure ground for the common good of all citizens of Britain!

Tankertrashnav
19th Jan 2015, 11:03
And yet there was a caller to a West Midlands radio station, last week, who said that she was in a public park in an area of Birmingham, with her grandchild - she remonstrated with some youths [ she didn't describe them] about spitting everywhere, and was told by them that she should clear off [ her words but my guess is that it wasn't expressed quite like that] as it was an Asian park.

I could call a West Midlands radio station and tell them that I have discovered that my granny is actually an alien from the planet Tharg. Wouldnt make it true, but similarly what proof do we have of the veracity of said lady's call?

When I was a kid in Glasgow there were whole areas of the city that I wouldn't have gone near, and I'm guessing that the Muslim population of Glasgow at the time was about twenty!

OFSO
19th Jan 2015, 11:08
there certainly are areas I would fear to enter in any UK city.

A slight thread drift but I don't know anyone who has visited Barcelona who has not been robbed, except me....I was robbed in Perpignan (F).

Please note that: ANYONE means all our friends and acquaintances. Oh and except the crowd from NSW on their way to stay with us: they got robbed in Madrid, not Barcelona.

No part of Barcelona is a "no go" area, but by golly you need to hang on to your bag/wallet.

parabellum
19th Jan 2015, 11:11
... And it is dated May 2013, not exactly up to the minute.

The date is irrelevant, that sentiment still exists today.

Asian park or not, spitting is wrong and should be punished, spitting spreads disease, maybe we could start with the English Premier League?

There used to be signs in public places about spitting being forbidden, whatever happened to them?

chevvron
19th Jan 2015, 11:54
Mrs C and I found Barcelona quite 'safe', (we never saw any trouble nor were we robbed) mind you we were there to watch a match at the Camp Nou and were staying in Les Corts, well away from the normal tourist areas. Took a trip around the city on the open top bus and admittedly, the tourist areas were teeming and would attract muggers but I wouldn't call them 'no-go' areas.
Our dentist in Poland hates Warsaw; he said he's been there 3 times and was robbed each time. When we told him about immigrants in England, he said 'ah but you allow Muslims in England; we won't have them here'.

joy ride
19th Jan 2015, 12:21
AL: yup Oymoron; when posted I still had far too much blood in my caffeine stream to decide which I meant, I now feel poxy-moronic!

Gertrude the Wombat
19th Jan 2015, 12:36
When I walk through my local Muslim community the worst that happens to me is that someone insists on stopping me for a chat when I'm short of time. The best is when free curries are on offer.

TWT
19th Jan 2015, 12:58
RPK7t5B2UN4

Ancient Mariner
19th Jan 2015, 13:07
Been to Barcelona numerous times through the years as well as Warsaw. Never had any problems, never worried. Having visited more "mine belts" than I care to remember during my time in the merchant navy might have made me a bit blasť. Also helps to have a tough as nails wife, imagine a 160 cm, 50 kg pitbull. :eek:
Per

eastern wiseguy
19th Jan 2015, 13:10
Fox "news" should be treated for what it is. An entertainment channel pandering to ,and reinforcing the right wing views of elderly conservative white people.

Capot
19th Jan 2015, 13:27
C'mon, now, Ben There and Con-Pilot; tell us that ain't true!

joy ride
19th Jan 2015, 13:51
I have to say that I am uncomfortable with entertainment being disguised as news to pander to old or confused people. I think Fox, Daily Mail and others do not just "pander to" but actually reinforce and even create prejudice and fear, for profit.

Countless old people are frightened of going out, yet streets are probably far safer than when they were young.

rgbrock1
19th Jan 2015, 14:03
chevron wrote:

Is Fox News not aware of that famous no-go area of Manhattan called Harlem?

Harlem? Where have you been for the last decade or so, chevron? I, as a white Caucasian male would have no qualms, whatsoever, about strolling around Harlem. None. Things have changed drastically in Harlem. Most for the better.

chevvron
19th Jan 2015, 14:46
My one visit was about 12 years ago and we stayed south of 61st (Gershwin Theatre) so all I have to go on is what the movies/TV series tell us, I fully accept what you say.
Are there not no-go areas on some US Navy aircraft carriers?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
19th Jan 2015, 14:56
I recall driving from the centre of Chicago down to the White Sox stadium, and at every other stop light someone (including one Police cruiser) would spot our New Jersey plates and say "You're not going south of 50th are you? You don't wanna go there"

Still the case?

Toadstool
19th Jan 2015, 17:41
I did a thread on this about a week ago. It completely vanished. Not sure if it had broken any rules, but it appears that a threat about a cat was OK.