PDA

View Full Version : Royal Brunei Sharia Law

arrow28
17th Jan 2015, 23:43
Hi To All

Could somebody in the know please advise how Sharia Law is affecting the life style of ex-pat pilots in Royal Brunei.

Thanks

ChickenHouse
18th Jan 2015, 08:20
What is so difficult? You are in Brunei, you have to obey sharia - that simple. There exists no waiver for expats.

Wizofoz
18th Jan 2015, 15:50
My cousin use to fly the Sultan's G2. One of his jobs was to fly to Thailand to bring back young virgins for the Sultan and his brother.

How do you say Hypocrisy in the local tongue?

uniandpilot
18th Jan 2015, 16:27
Are you genuinely being serious wizofoz

TwoTone-7
18th Jan 2015, 22:15
Wow, that was all he ever did? Traffic virgins, perhaps he should have refused to on grounds of morality?

Pucka
18th Jan 2015, 23:50
Brunei is sandwiched between the corruptive governments of Malaysia and Indonesia..it has strong ties to Saudi. It comes as NO surprise that Brunei, tho hanging its own corruptive jacket on the coat hook of Sharia law is as bad as its neighbours...as for the virgins..add the boxes of Remy and JW that the exec guys still bring through...

kumul1
19th Jan 2015, 06:49
Virgins in Thailand?

How do you sat Oxymoron in the local tongue?;)

ChickenHouse
19th Jan 2015, 09:16
to bring back young virgins for the Sultan and his brother.
WTF ... did they stitch them together again, or what does that back mean?

Now, better back to work, I accept my chauvinism red card earned and promise betterment.

Deep and fast
19th Jan 2015, 10:41
If they cut off your right hand, do you get an instant upgrade on the Airbus? :eek:

MCDU2
19th Jan 2015, 10:44
If you know anyone who flies for the emirati flights then you will indeed know that it's one rule for them and another for the grunts reading the Koran.

bringbackthe80s
21st May 2015, 07:38
Ok guys, apart from all these comments, they are recruiting 320 captains at the moment. Has anyone gone for it? anyone working there who can share pros/cons of the job and or living in Brunei in general?
Also I don't understand, do you reckon it's a permanent position or a contract for a few years?
I remember a few years back (10) it was still a job to go for, or so they said.

All the best