PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming EK -300ER deliveries.

B-HKD
16th Jan 2015, 16:12
Two questions,

1. Does anyone know if any of the remaining -300ER deliveries (18 to go) will be 351.5t MTOW?

The last one was -EGI.

With LAX, SFO, IAH, and DFW now all being on the A380 I assume there is some slack in the 36 strong 349t and 351.5t MTOW -300ER fleet. ORD will switch to -300ER on May 1st.

2. Anyone mind sharing the CID you are using these days on the ULR flights? This December 2012 EK226 flight plan shows CID 10, I know fuel costs were much higher 2 years back, has this increased? https://www.scribd.com/doc/144601969/SFO-DXB

I know Cathay use a CID of 40 on the -300ER which operate many ULR flights. HKG-JFK, HKG-ORD, etc. Are crew costs really that much lower at EK?

JAARule
16th Jan 2015, 18:01
Maybe Wizo will answer your weird questions but I suspect no one else here could give a flying fcku at a rolling rat's ass.

Personally I use cost index of 500.

fliion
16th Jan 2015, 19:20
B-HKD

I don't have an answer to your question as I just have other priorities but I think JAARule underserves, who we, as EK pilots are.

Let me address;

I've been here a while and I have my grudges but I don't agree with the crass 'hysteria' that pervades these threads of late.

"Rats xxx, flying fcxx"

Is NOT who we are. The level of decorum has gradually decreased. Rather than argue the debate with posters - they will attack the poster - which on an anonymous Internet forum - is an admission of defeat.

There are a few posters on here who contribute constructive feedback Wizofoz, Harry the Cod, fatbus, Scandistralian..etc.

I don't always agree with them BUT they have a modicum of professionalism and balance ...

SO, I'll leave it to someone else to answer your questions but it would be a disservice to 'who we are' - as Professional Airline Pilots (regardless of our employers standard) to let you think JAARule represents our group.

He does not.

f.

Wizofoz
16th Jan 2015, 19:58
Well said Fil- the like of JAA represent this idea that being a perpetually miserable git is somehow a mark of honour- to the extent that it would just be too uncool for someone to answer an aviation related question on an aviation web-site.

Fact is, it is just an admission that JA has gotten himself, as a big grown-up person with choices, stuck in a profession he no longer enjoys, and resents anyone who is not similarly miserable.

Sad really.

To answer your question, the latest batch are a mixture of regular and "ULR" (higher gross weight) variants. What this means regard routes, I have no idea!

CIs are calculated on a per-flight basis. You'd expect an increase with current fuel process, but they are still less than 100.

Hope that helps.

typhoonpilot
16th Jan 2015, 23:54
Cost Index 10 flight plans were done when the actual flight time was substantially less than the scheduled block time with the normal cost index. So they were most commonly seen on long haul flight going from west to east with strong tailwinds. Saved a few hundred kilograms of fuel burn.

TP

uba737
17th Jan 2015, 03:35
Most of my flights lately have been with a COD of around 45. That would include BOS/TPE and a freighter to Africa!

B-HKD
17th Jan 2015, 11:46
Thank you! Much appreciated.

JAARule
19th Jan 2015, 18:37
Well it only took two posts to be proven right - thankyou Wizo! :ok:

Fliion, we all know you don't like it being served back to you, which I am always happy to do. You take the chance (again) for a cheap shot but try to pass it off as concern for the standards, decorum, etc?? Nice try but it's sadly obvious. This is disingenuous and smacks of sanctimoniousness. That adds up to dishonest character. Be honest and you will admit the comment was not a shot at anyone. You're either dishonest or you've got the world's thinnest skin. Most here know which one it is.

I see the thread has 8 views - I think that shows the interest in the topic, so my comment was relevant. If it caused you "hysteria" then I'd hate to see you in the sim or god forbid in a real life event. Actually, I would like to see you in the sim, it'd probably be pretty funny.

Toughen up, Princess.

Wizofoz
20th Jan 2015, 02:42
Why did you post to this thread at all, JAA? Someone asked a question, you didn't want to answer it, why not just move on?

You just HAD to weigh in for no discernible reason other than to posture as a "Too cool for school" malcontent.

So what if not many are interested- the original poster got his answer from people willing to give the information. How could that possibly be any business of yours, unless you simply wanted to show us all how big and clever you can be by displaying your designer misery?