PDA

View Full Version : Invaded Shortcuts

Fareastdriver
16th Jan 2015, 16:03
I was looking ti change one of my document shortcuts from the usual file folder to something else. I had done it before but I could not remember where. I searched around the display pages but I couldn't find anything but when I got back to the desktop all my shortcuts had changed.

They were all a miniture Adobe Reader symbol with the normal destination underneath, only that they would not go to that destination. Selecting anything labelled My Computer to Google Earth would send you to an Adobe reader page with the message that there was not a link. Basically there was nothing that I could do with the computer. I could not connect to the internet or access my documents through the shortcuts.

I assumed it was a gltch with Adobe Reader so I went to the Control Panel an uninstalled it . That solved it and everything came back to normal. Thinking I that the glitch had gone I reinstalled Adobe and the problem came back. This time I went though all the display pages looking for something and setting to default where I could. Nothing, so I have uninstalled it again and I am now looking for help.

What have I done that had made Adobe Reader take of control of the desktop?

I am running W7 Home premium.

jimjim1
17th Jan 2015, 04:52
All your base are belong to us.

Bushfiva
17th Jan 2015, 05:01
It sounds like you accidentally assigned .lnk files to Adobe Reader. See this (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/soswith-lnk-file-types/203271ff-fe22-4e1a-8fa5-776aba5839e7) for a possible solution

Fareastdriver
17th Jan 2015, 12:27
Bushfiva

Thanks a million! Those two links have fixed the problem.

Cheers