PDA

View Full Version : A/C cleaning anyone?

ian16th
15th Jan 2015, 10:48
Hanging with History | Things With Wings (http://aviationweek.com/blog/hanging-history?NL=AW-05&Issue=AW-05_20150115_AW-05_43&YM_MID=%27mmid%27&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_7)

OFSO
15th Jan 2015, 10:53
I though this was about cleaning the a/c units. Pity it isn't as the subject is interesting.......filthy, but interesting.

R

eticket
15th Jan 2015, 11:18
Try this one OFSO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJNyM-7X_A

That ladder is moving!

OFSO
15th Jan 2015, 13:15
Thanks, eticket.

The lady of the house being a sculptress and her studio being cooled in summer and heated in winter by a/c, the cleaning of the filters once a year is a marvellous thing. Climb up ladder, raise cover....and duck as half a ton of fine dust pours out. Yes I know it should be done more often.

I would vastly rather clean a/c as in aircraft. But local left-overs from the Civil War are far and few between as they are regarded by one side as shameful symbols of a defeated Republican Empire, and by the other side as ...er...the same. Better not mentioned or viewed.

wings folded
15th Jan 2015, 13:19
A/C cleaning

sounds like money laundering.

I'd be very careful...

OFSO
15th Jan 2015, 20:11
Ah yes, patina. A tricky subject. I consider "S for Sugar" in the RAF Museum Hendon to be a bit too 'clean'. The a/c in Brooklands suited me better. But that's a very personal opinion and (for once) I'm not laying down the law.

con-pilot
15th Jan 2015, 20:16
To be allowed to clean some of those aircraft, how much will they charge me? :p

Mechta
15th Jan 2015, 23:00
The Antoinette monoplane at the Science Museum in South Kensington, London, appears to be supporting more than its own weight in dust on the dozens of fine ribs on its uncovered wing. It would be a brave person who takes a vacuum cleaner to the delicate 105 year old structure though.

Mechta
15th Jan 2015, 23:06
The Antoinette monoplane at the Science Museum in South Kensington, London, appears to be supporting more than its own weight in dust on the dozens of fine ribs on its uncovered wing. It would be a brave person who takes a vacuum cleaner to the delicate 105 year old structure though.