PDA

View Full Version : Blimps in Space!

con-pilot
14th Jan 2015, 21:15
Venus before Mars?

Why Venus Could Be Colonized Before Mars - AOL On (http://on.aol.com/video/why-venus-could-be-colonized-before-mars-518596315?cps=gravity_3526_-1915284193914349923)

radeng
14th Jan 2015, 22:35
Not a good idea. You start the exploration, make contact with the natives. then various missionaries move in to provide 'education' and 'health', while politicians figure on how to tax them and some corporation with friends in government wants to exploit the resources. Then the natives want independence and cause trouble and eventually you end up paying them vast sums of money - which a few of their leaders stash away for their personal use while the majority of the population carry on having a shi**y existence - and meanwhile, you are being accused of every crime under the sun....

Alternatively, like the few remaining British colonies, they stay as colonies because you pay them large amounts of money...........and they prefer it that way, knowing which side of the bread is buttered.

Loose rivets
14th Jan 2015, 22:45
Possibly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard was a description of some bloke falling into a galvanizing vat. For a few seconds he tried to swim to the edge. Sitting above a planet that's at lead-melting temperature would not leave me with a clear scientist's mind.

OFSO
15th Jan 2015, 10:15
meanwhile, you are being accused of every crime under the sun....

Would one be allowed to portray them in satirical magazines ? (not in the UK of course but in the rest of Europe.....)

Caboclo
15th Jan 2015, 22:50
Hooray for marijuana legalization! :rolleyes:

Loose rivets
15th Jan 2015, 23:01
New keyboard please!!!!!!!!!!!! :}

mikedreamer787
15th Jan 2015, 23:07
Sitting above a planet that's at lead-melting temperatureYes. Those clouds on Venus are composed entirely
of concentrated hydrochloric acid. Even at the high
cooler altitude of 50 km Venus is still a thoroughly
nasty bloody place.

Venus is a misnomer.....the planet is more like the
entrance to Hell than a representative of love, sex
and beauty!

I think I'd rather spend my vacations on Mars and
go climb Olympus Mons or something.

reynoldsno1
15th Jan 2015, 23:23
Mars has already been colonised - it's now called the Pilbara Desert in Western Australia ;)

G-CPTN
15th Jan 2015, 23:46
Possibly one of the most horrible things I've ever heard was a description of some bloke falling into a galvanizing vat.
Did he take a shine to it?

I suppose he had a lovely finish. . .

RJM
16th Jan 2015, 06:51
I heard he enjoyed it until he started zincing.

gemma10
16th Jan 2015, 07:55
Dont be so caustic

RJM
16th Jan 2015, 12:13
Apparently he was charged. The police said he was in it up to his neck.

RJM
16th Jan 2015, 15:08
It's not much of a place. Look at the history of the Russian Venera missions there in the 1970s. They were lucky to get off a few snaps with the Lubitels before the landers were simultaneously rusted, roasted and crushed.

rgbrock1
16th Jan 2015, 15:25
Blimps in space? Does this thread have any correlation to the thread about "fat people"? :}:}:}

TURIN
16th Jan 2015, 15:41
It's not much of a place. Look at the history of the Russian Venera missions there in the 1970s. They were lucky to get off a few snaps with the Lubitels before the landers were simultaneously rusted, roasted and crushed.

That's if the lens cap comes off. :suspect::O

And when it does, the sensor, designed to discover what type of material the Venusian ground is made of, needs to be far enough away from the lens..well you know the rest.:O

Windy Militant
16th Jan 2015, 18:55
Any one see the conjunction thingy tonight with Mercury lurking next to Hesperus the Evening star!

Hesperus, Phosphorus what's in a name, Lucifer is probably the most appropriate for it as it's a hell of a Place.

Lucifer son of the mourning, I'm gonna chase you out of earth!
I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase satan out of earth!
I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth
I'm gonna send him to outa space, to find another race
I'm gonna send him to outa space, to find another race*

*Max Romeo and the Upsetters
"Chase the Devil"