PDA

View Full Version : Finishing the CPL at another school

funkydrumming
14th Jan 2015, 11:11
Hi everyone,
I would like to know if somebody can recommend a school to finish my CPL at please? I don't mind if it's abroad or in the UK.

I have started my training here in the UK but due to weather, aircraft going unserviceable, coupled with instructor and also my availability due to working full time I can't seem to get finished, iv been waiting 3-4 months. I have managed to secure this week and next week off at work to try and finish.

I'm aware that apparently it doesn't look good on your cv but I haven't got much choice as my ATPL theory expires very soon.

Iv spoken to EFT in Florida they can fit me in but, they have been very honest with me and advised me that examiner availability could be a problem, and, it's not worth me chancing it.

Poland, and the UK, the weather forecast doesn't look to great for the next week or so.

Any advice please? Thank you

pilot4eva
14th Jan 2015, 11:17
Aerodynamics malaga!excellent weather and you can get it done quickly....which a/c have you been training on?

Alex Whittingham
14th Jan 2015, 11:21
Egnatia Aviation in Greece?

funkydrumming
14th Jan 2015, 12:27
Thank you both kindly for your replies.

Iv been flying the Arrow, forgot to mention I have already done my IR which was on the DA42.
Not to fussed which aircraft as long as it's not crazy money, and I can get done relatively quickly, and of course good quality.

I shall look at both schools mentioned :ok:

Whiskey Hotel
14th Jan 2015, 17:35
Bartolini air in Poland maybe, have only heard good things about them. I intend going there next year to do my CPL/MEIR

fa2fi
14th Jan 2015, 17:41
What's the craic with ATPL theory and skills test locations these days? In my day your ATPLs had to be done under same authority as place you do test? If it has changed then good!

I would recommend Aerodynamics as you have the weather but also check with examiner availability. I did my IR there and they had to source an examiner as the usual one was on vacation. Also did my renewal after IR lapsed there and a revalidation and they were good.

Other than them CFT were good in Tatenhill but you have the weather issues there.

funkydrumming
14th Jan 2015, 17:53
I did actually visit Bartolini in Lodz a couple of years ago before I started, our flight diverted to Warsaw due to bad weather, and the 4 days we were there didn't get any better. Looked at the forecast earlier for next week and it's not looking good.

Spoke to the lady at Malaga earlier, she was just about to go home. She has asked me to send all my documents, hopefully tomorrow we can have a good chat. I'll ask her about the examiner too. Thank you all the advice and suggestions, it's greatly appreciated.