PDA

View Full Version : The Empire's Central Command hacked

Low Flier
12th Jan 2015, 20:28
Actually, it was only The Empire's twit account that was hacked:
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80220000/jpg/_80220560_hack2_624.jpg

I guess they'll blame it on North Korea as it musta bin a state wot dunnit and Islamic "State" is neither a state nor Islamic.

Andu
12th Jan 2015, 20:45
The one thing we can guarantee is that Mr Obama will assure us all that, with such a vague claim of responsibility, it was definitely an isolated, 14 year old lone wolf hacker who had nuffink to do wif Islam. Nuffink at all.

stagger
12th Jan 2015, 21:09
Heard a BBC journo confidently asserting that United States Central Command was THE central command organization for the entire US military.

On their web pages they are calling it "THE US military command"

BBC News - US Centcom Twitter account hacked by pro-IS group (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30785232)

You'd think they could open a book or even Wikipedia first!

It's only one of the 6 "commands" and is only responsible for the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia.

SOUTHCOM and NORTHCOM obviously aren't so well known.

pr00ne
12th Jan 2015, 21:24
Er, they posted public domain documents on Central Command's Twitter account, hardly major hard core hacking is it?

Low Flier
12th Jan 2015, 21:36
It was The Empire's location of Central Command in what the Islamic loonies call "the land of the two holy places" that was the casus belli of the September 11 attack(s).

It was the Empire's removal of that base to what is called in Arabic "the Island" on the Arabian peninsula that brought an end to the 9/11 atrocities.

Airclues
12th Jan 2015, 22:04
Perhaps the US should employ Gary McKinnon to help protect their systems?

RJM
13th Jan 2015, 00:00
My young nephew says hacking Twitter and YouTube accounts is no big deal.

A bit like breaking into a car outside the Pentagon and boasting you've cracked their security.

Low Flier
13th Jan 2015, 08:53
My young nephew says hacking Twitter and YouTube accounts is no big deal.

I have an equivalent nephew who tells me that the Sony hack was just as easy. All a matter of obtaining simple passwords really. Not a decent casus belli for going to war against part of Korea. Oh! We're still at war with them?

John Hill
13th Jan 2015, 09:10
Oh! We're still at war with them?

Wait about another month then check on that again.

Low Flier
13th Jan 2015, 09:16
Ya mean there might be an ugly outbreak of peace in Warshington?

fitliker
13th Jan 2015, 14:23
Good comedy requires good timing.
To make someone the butt of a joke requires,good timing and some luck.
It helps if they are completely unaware that they are being set up to play the fool.
I know this from experience :)

IBMJunkman
13th Jan 2015, 18:32
Bothers me that military and intelligence services have Twitter, FB, etc accounts at all.

Lonewolf_50
13th Jan 2015, 18:52
The year is 2015. Being involved in the netified world is necessary in order to get the message out. That's reality.

How one stays so engaged is another matter ...