PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet DEC non-rated OPO & LIS

skyflyer737
11th Jan 2015, 09:07
There is an ad in this week's Flight International for both rated and non-rated Direct Entry Captains at easyJet in Portugal. Does anyone know any details such as who pays for the rating for non-rated / salary / terms & conditions?

Easy's careers website mentions nothing about non-rated DECs.

Any info much appreciated.

stable_checked
11th Jan 2015, 09:13
The contract is so bad they are struggling to find people. They were initially looking for type rated DEC along with any in house upgrades. I hope people will continue to turn it down, easy will be forced to offer the same contract with the rest of the network.

stiglet
11th Jan 2015, 09:47
All the contacts on the easyJet network are different. There is no 'same' contract.

skyflyer737
11th Jan 2015, 10:38
How bad is 'so bad'? Any ideas of take home pay / roster?

stable_checked
11th Jan 2015, 12:31
'Same' is same structure. Take home on any contract is always subject to personal circumstances!! It's not correct comparing net figures when is some occasions there is €1000 difference

skyflyer737
11th Jan 2015, 15:20
Totally understood. Even gross figures would be fine as an indication.

Thad Jarvis
11th Jan 2015, 20:49
They had slapped a 5 year base freeze restriction on it but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

VJW
12th Jan 2015, 10:19
If it's in Flight International, it's not anywhere else I can see yet..

autobrake3
12th Jan 2015, 11:09
Why are they requiring first officers to have in excess of 4000 hrs when elsewhere within the company 75 hrs with the associated complete lack of knowledge or ability will do ?

alkor
12th Jan 2015, 13:02
This is advert from FI

At easyJet, we’re all about making Europe accessible to more and more people. As part of our exciting growth plans, Porto opens as our new Portuguese base, alongside Lisbon, in March 2015. And for Captains and Co-Pilots already based there, or those thinking of a move to sunnier climes, this opens up all sorts of amazing opportunities.
We’re looking for both A320 type-rated and non type rated Captains and also talented Co-Pilots to start on a fast-track programme to command in Portugal.
Operating our young Airbus fleet and enjoying growth prospects that are unmatched in the industry, you’ll help us deliver world-class service and operational excellence across our extensive European network.
We’re looking for:
A320 Type-Rated Captains
Currently operating as Captain on A320 family aircraft, with at least 5,000 total flying hours and 1,000 total PIC hours (of which 500 are on the A320).
Non-Type-Rated Captains
Currently operating as a Captain on aircraft above 50 Tonnes MTOW, with at least 6,000 total flying hours and 2,000 total PIC hours (of which 1,000 are on aircraft above 50 Tonnes MTOW).

nitrowired
15th Jan 2015, 18:57
Leaving the pay on the side. How is the job over there? Hours, sectors, days off. In order to be able to compare you really need to know all of this stuff. Im seriously considering it and would appreciate any real info.

Pin Head
15th Jan 2015, 19:01
The big question for me, any bond?

Brix
16th Jan 2015, 08:48
Yes, over 50 tonnes, must be a current captain...

What disqualifies someone who has thousands of hours in command on a, let's say, RJ85 (44 tonnes)? I know, WE are operating to only the highest standards and WE only want the best.

I think it is time for a European court to end this sort of blatant discrimination.

speedrestriction
16th Jan 2015, 09:07
Of course it's discrimination - it's necessary and appropriate discrimination between those who have relevant experience and those who don't. RJ85? Come on, some turboprops go higher than that! Embraer 195, maybe.

Elephant and Castle
16th Jan 2015, 10:13
Ofcourse some pilots in easyJet might think that what is discusting is that they are bypassed for a command by complete unkowns that do not even have any Airbus experience. I guess you already know that though.

fade to grey
16th Jan 2015, 10:41
Of course in that case they can move to Portugal.
There always has, and always will be, DEC at points in aviation

nitrowired
16th Jan 2015, 13:12
Any easy pilot that can shed some light over this job offer? I know the money is not great but Portugal is cheaper to live in than UK plus not everyone likes to relocate to London. How is it to work from Lisbon?

Narrow Runway
16th Jan 2015, 15:22
How about my position then?

I have 3100 hours on A320 including 1600 command. I also have time on bigger Airbuses as FO.

Currently a captain on a large cabin, ultra long range biz jet with a MTOW of 49 tonnes.

I can't apply for rated DEC, as I'm not current. I can't apply for Non rated as the biz jet is 1 tonne too light, even though it is a very complex aircraft and far more likely to bite you in the ar5e than an Airbus.

it isn't discrimination. It is market forces.

I am not complaining.

Cmon-PullUP
16th Jan 2015, 16:46
What disqualifies someone who has thousands of hours in command on a, let's say, RJ85 (44 tonnes)? I know, WE are operating to only the highest standards and WE only want the best.

In all honesty, there is a big difference between a RJ85 and a A320. In the past Ezy took people directly from the Bae146 to the left seat of a A319, and they had some nasty experiences because of it. After this, they wanted Bae146/RJ pilots to join the RH seat first to learn the ropes. - I know, because i joined in this period from the BAe.

Currently a captain on a large cabin, ultra long range biz jet with a MTOW of 49 tonnes.
You would get very bored with Ezy, - just saying.

Narrow Runway
16th Jan 2015, 19:50
I appreciate your advice, but how do you think I got the Airbus hours? And my Boeing hours? It was all good, really good, airline hours.

I was tempted into corporate aviation for one of the very, very, very few, top notch (only in our dreams), kind of jobs. All of which was 40 miles from home.

After a nasty takeover battle and a big pay off, I have been stuck in an ever decreasing circle of time away from home vs. biggish money.

I love my family.

I would happily be at home (wherever that may be within reason). Flying became a job a long time ago, not a lifestyle.

Vmike
17th Jan 2015, 10:30
Well that's all very interesting, but does anyone know any details of the contract? Pay, rosters, pros and cons? Base changes possible? Is the employer actually Easyjet, or is it some separate Portuguese version of Easyjet with lower Ts and Cs? Any info gratefully received.

Narrow Runway
17th Jan 2015, 12:44
You'll be an EasyJet employee, on a local contract.

I believe that the company are saying there's a base freeze for quite some time.

skyflyer737
17th Jan 2015, 16:15
Gross figures including basic & sector pay are between €97500 and €122500 plus an annual bonus of 7-15% of basic.

Those figures seem very variable so I have no idea which end of the scale is more accurate. Would anyone be able to offer any insight?

peacekeeper
17th Jan 2015, 17:40
Hi Guys.

The contract itself although not good isn't terrible. The tax and social security in Portugal though is extreme. The contract is staggered over three years starting around €96000 ending up at €100,000. Salaries are split into 14 months and you receive a double salary in June and November.

Standard month net pay is around €4900
Double month net is about €7800

It's not double in the end because you reach a higher tax bracket on those months.

The base freeze for DEC is 5 years, no chance for negotiations on that due to internal command waiting lists and the fact that Lisbon and Porto will always have a high turnover with this contract.

Most of the base has changed over the last 12 months with internal guys transferring back to original bases and some others leaving the company. The DEC who have recently joined have been shocked by their net salaries and I guess at least 50% will leave within the first year.

The fact that Easy are looking for non type rated Captains tells the whole story, they are not doing the same in Paris or Rome etc...

It is however a back door into Easyjet for those with a (very) long term plan and I can understand why some people would take it. It's best for those who plan to live in Portugal, without commuting and without expenses in other countries then the contract is workable.

I hope they don't find enough takers because then things have to improve, if you can't crew 2 bases with non type rated guys you really have problems!

I hope the info helps and is not too biased one way or the other. If you come with your eyes open fair enough, those who came and are complaining already really only have themselves to blame!

stiglet
18th Jan 2015, 09:52
Count a pretty reasonable post however you are wrong about pilot recruitment in easyJet. Right from the start at the individual interview and group exercise it is run by HR and pilots.

skyflyer737
18th Jan 2015, 10:45
Peacekeeper - thanks very much for all the info you provided. Also to Count for the lowdown too.

Enzo999
18th Jan 2015, 13:15
Out of interest does anyone have any info regarding the slary for direct entry FOs on this contract.

Cheers

Pony 10
21st Jan 2015, 13:49
Any numbers about FO position ?

VJW
21st Jan 2015, 15:59
4900 Euro net for a Captain...ouch!

melchiot
21st Jan 2015, 17:30
Enzo999 - SFO net pay around 3400 €. FO about 500€ less.

Breaking_Clouds
25th Jan 2015, 08:24
Pay looks slightly better than the RYR new CPT's contracts.
They might be hoping to lure in some of MOL's slaves who wish to escape.
What is the roster like?

VJW
25th Jan 2015, 16:23
Braking clouds, I don't think the RYR Capts make less then 4900 Euro a net a month, in any base in the network.

Plus if its even, I doubt Easy has a 5/4 roster. That being said, if I were Portuguese, with RYR based in LIS/OPO, I'd leave to join Easy...

Track
28th Jan 2015, 19:41
Just got an invite for assessment day in the Luton Hilton ( Non -TR Captain OPO base ). Anyone have more info about the program and what to expect?

Appreciate more info!

Track
11th Feb 2015, 10:33
Anyone been to the assessment day yet?

dirk85
11th Feb 2015, 13:33
What is your application status on the taleo/easy website?

The Snake
26th Feb 2015, 13:27
Received an email for the assessment day. This had to be self booked via a link in the message. I clicked on the link an hour after received, and no dates left. This was a bit disappointing :hmm:.

Do EZY add more assessment dates? Or is it normally one opportunity to register yourself for an assessment, and if not, too bad?

iqit
27th Feb 2015, 05:59
it can happen .....send them an email letting them know ,and they will send you a link again .

The African Dude
3rd Mar 2015, 00:22
What's really ridiculous about this is that as a SFO on an Italian contract you can take home €6000/month if you're busy. :ugh:

WhyByFlier
3rd Mar 2015, 15:10
Try 7800 euros take home in EZS as an SFO.

Narrow Runway
4th Mar 2015, 06:49
Which 6 weeks ago was worth 20% less.

You are the beneficiary of international currency wars, not stellar terms or conditions in EZS.

And then, only if you are a "frontalier". Actual, Swiss, employees of EZS are no better off than before, because you are paid in CHF and not EUR.

So, a little misleading?

SpGo
4th Mar 2015, 07:43
And this is the reason why OPO/LIS based aircraft will take over the EZS flights between Portugal and Switserland at the end of the month.

WhyByFlier
4th Mar 2015, 09:44
Not misleading no. It's a statement of fact. Take home pay is about 8000 CHFs +/- 300 CHFs. Do it in £s, $s, CHFs or EURs - it's more than most captains make in Europe! Swiss employees shop in EUR zone, go on holiday in EUR zone, buy things like lovely cars from over the border in EUR zone, transfer money into EUR accounts. And get to reclaim the sales tax which is 20% in most places and pay the Swiss 8% instead.

LIS already have been doing it for a few years and boo hoo, no more OPO-MAD rotations.:}

Narrow Runway
4th Mar 2015, 10:42
WBF,

You sound like a bit of a fun guy to be with.

You're paid in CHF. If the Swiss Central Bank hadn't just removed the cap, you'd be about 20% worse off in CHF vs EUR terms.

Fact.

WhyByFlier
4th Mar 2015, 11:08
That's currency and Europe for you at the moment I guess.

Widebdy
4th Mar 2015, 15:41
Just learning that the non-rated Direct Entry Captains in Portugal are expected to pay most of the rating and be bonded on top of that? Is this true :ugh: :{

JosuaNkomo
4th Mar 2015, 19:25
You are surprised?

Oburo
20th Mar 2015, 14:01
Hi,

I have an assessment coming for a non rated FO position in Portugal.

Would there be a FO actually based there that could help me with the T&C's actually offered there at the moment? I know some figures have already been posted here, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with some more detailed info on the package offered to potential new joiners.

thanks

Blocksoff
27th Mar 2015, 19:48
basic salary 97500 euros
you have to pay for your type rating. It as to be done at the place they mention cost 20000 gbp.
And you can't leave for 3 years unless you pay 10000 euros.

In short this is it

Blocksoff
27th Mar 2015, 19:49
Yes its true type costs 20000 gbp and bond 10000 euros.

Flight714
30th Mar 2015, 18:16
Any rumours of EZY direct entry F/O recruitment on the horizon? (Non-cadet)

Pony 10
17th Jun 2015, 16:18
Just opened new positions, always in Portugal.

They clearly talk about to self found the type rating (in case of NTR), I wonder if you have to pay before or through your salary.

FlyHome
19th Jun 2015, 11:03
Hi Guys,

Just looking on the easy careers website and it seems there are now FO positions open for a whole host of bases..

Quite keen to move to Easy at some point so the base doesn't initially matter too much to me but does anyone know if you have to apply to each advertised role separately? Or if you apply to one you are considered for all?

PPRuNeUser0183
18th Jul 2015, 10:06
You can only apply for one base, so choose carefully.

stable_checked
18th Jul 2015, 11:13
Once employed there is a transfer protocol which allows you to request a change of base. However new bases (BCN,AMS) have no tranfer protocol and some other new bases (LIS,OPO,NAP,VCE) have a very restrictive transfer protocol where after a number of years you become eligible to request a transfer.

Good luck to those applying. There is a reason why these new bases are short of internal applicants and the need of external applicants. To give you an example, in my base we have a lot of Portuguese crew, who prefer to commute to LIS or OPO instead of transfering there due to the T&Cs. The same goes for the Spanish.

Yuri Gagarin
29th Sep 2015, 19:33
I will go to assessments next week and I want to know the net salary all included (salary, diems, etc). How much can I expect?
Second Officers and First Officers rates because I do not know the factor to get my hours.
I have heard that you pay your rate but at least they pay accommodation and meals. Is true?
I have children and wife I need to know the figures please.
Thank you!

NLP
30th Sep 2015, 09:12
SO: Net 2500,- in a good month. That's with the per diems included. Double salary June and November.

FO: Slightly more.

Make sure you check the costs for daycare for your children etc if this is necessary. I know 1 FO who pays 800 euro's per month for this. If you only earn 2500 there is not much left.

Yuri Gagarin
5th Oct 2015, 15:01
Thanks for your advice NLP !!!
These figures are quiet low...

ezy320
6th Oct 2015, 15:58
Welcome to the new orange world :) :ok::ok:

WX Man
18th Sep 2016, 15:22
I see the advert for NTR F/Os has come up again.

Any update on T&C here? I'm currently based in the UK, I don't mind my job but I can't stand living here.

Having spent a decent amount of time working in Portugal a few years ago, I'd welcome the opportunity to go back there more permanently.