PDA

View Full Version : Bizz Jet Pay and conditions UK

ChaseIt
11th Jan 2015, 02:52
Hi guys, Just writing to try and get a rough idea of Pay and Conditions for the private jet guys and girls in the UK, Any info would be greatly appreciated, PM me if needed.

Cheers and beers

noneya
11th Jan 2015, 02:59
ChaseIt,

I can't speak to UK... But I would suggest being more specific in your question. IE:

1. Corporate or Charter
2. Aircraft size small, medium, large or more specifically make and model.

Otherwise you will not really be comparing apples to apples..

Just a thought.
J

ChaseIt
11th Jan 2015, 04:06
hey noneya, Corporate or charter GLEX, G450, Falcon 7x etc... got an itch I'm thinking about scratching... but wanting to know if its worth leaving a stable roster and pay to itch it...

Joe le Taxi
11th Jan 2015, 10:30
Ten to twenty years ago, biz-jet pay did carry a decent risk premium to reflect the not inconsiderable risk of losing your job in business jets - If you could take the risk, it was an attractive alternative to airline flying.

Now however, biz-jet pay has fallen well behind even short haul airline flying, and it is no longer a sensible career path.

winkwink
11th Jan 2015, 14:08
I agree with Joe. I stated in 2001 on £300 a day. It improved a lot, but then fell back to......£300 a day.
Many people do it as a bit of paid fun on the side.
I love the job, but if I had a family, we'd be living on benefits or in Liverpool.

flydive1
11th Jan 2015, 15:38
winkwink,

a number thrown out like that does not mean anything.

What type of aircraft? Full time, freelance?

You can still find good jobs, a lot depends on the type flown, but is true that many companies are bringing down the market (Vistajet, etc) Austrian, German and yes UK companies in general

ChaseIt
12th Jan 2015, 02:15
Doesn't sound promising... would be looking for full time flydive1, Got a little 737 and 767 time up my sleeve my hours are more quality then quantity :}...

BizJetJockey
13th Jan 2015, 22:53
Two words...move abroad!! Pay and conditions working for some of the bigger outfits in the UK and Europe is terrible with the smaller guys paying even less. They pay far less than they should and don't place much emphasis on experience when it comes to pay. Searching and right now it seems I would have to take something akin to my starting salary after eights years of flying all over the shop. It's a disgrace really. If you want to get into bizjets...you will need to look east for a decent salary.

Delta12
13th Jan 2015, 23:42
At VistaJet you can still live the dream, fly a brand new heavy metal GLEX and take home.... well.... peanuts...

Company Philosophy: Have a crap with the big dogs, but try to find a way not paying the paper for the wipe ! :ok:

Mr F*l*o*h*r appreciates :) :8

ChaseIt
14th Jan 2015, 02:01
Thanks lads.... the way the industry is going it sounds like i should start driving the National Express...

BizJetJockey
16th Jan 2015, 14:53
It's pretty much the same apart from you can't play candy crush whilst the vehicle is in motion!