PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone's catering out of PVG terrible?

RandomPerson8008
10th Jan 2015, 13:18
For those of you lucky enough to be provided with catering on your flights, does PVG provide the most consistently inedible and poorest quality food?

I ask only to see if it is within the realm of possibility to see this aspect of employment bettered. In my estimation the catering in places such as LEJ, LUX, DWC, SIN, NRT, ICN, ANC, CVG, and even HKG is all fantastic by comparison, even though most of it is still mediocre at best when compared to anything that would be served outside of an aeroplane.

Thanks in advance.

CanadaKid
10th Jan 2015, 14:27
It's been my experience that getting up a bit early for some room service at the hotel is a good idea rather than eat the trash boarded in PVG.
Cheers, CK

Charlie_Fox
11th Jan 2015, 08:54
A couple of years ago I discussed this with our handlers at PVG. It seems that when the airline signed the catering contract they went for the cheapest option. I was told that the caterers can provide much better food - but at a price. Apart from the poor quality, we always get exactly the same no matter what time of day we depart.

RandomPerson8008
11th Jan 2015, 19:08
Thanks for the replies, I read ALL of them, ;) . Knowing freight airlines as I do, I suspect most of us are in the same situation in regard to our companies' reluctance to purchase anything beyond the barest minimum. I have flown business class out of PVG on airlines such as EK, SQ and CX. I found their catering generally quite acceptable. Hopefully we can all find some way to improve things; in the meantime I suppose I will continue to arrive in ANC with an eagerness to patronize the local cafes.