PDA

View Full Version : The Margarita

Fliegenmong
10th Jan 2015, 08:02
What a wickedly moorish little number they are!!

Have spent a wonderfully lazy (though hot and humid) afternoon lying about sipping these little 'frozen concoctions' with Mrs Fliegs in the backyard, in and out of the pool.......bliss!

Thinking of the 'If you were a Millionaire' thread....I do a lot of things now I'd do if I was amazingly well off!! Sipping these lil suckers is one of them!! :ok:

mikedreamer787
10th Jan 2015, 08:15
You're one of the hoi polloi Fliegs.

If

a) I'm lucky enough to get time off by the pool, and
b) have drinks served by a woman

I get a tinnie served in a cooler and told to shutup.

Cyber Bob
10th Jan 2015, 09:07
Fliegs, trade your Margarita for a Gibson

Also trade the weather - wet and windy in Blighty right now!

meadowrun
10th Jan 2015, 09:45
http://www.classlife.it/wp-content/uploads/mojito_party1.jpg

Fliegenmong
10th Jan 2015, 14:02
I assure you I am not of 'hoi polloi'.....

.........but we do do our best to enjoy the very littel we have.... :O

bnt
10th Jan 2015, 15:03
So ... Long Island Iced Tea, anyone? :cool:

fitliker
10th Jan 2015, 15:15
The turtle burger bar in Guana Cay has a very interesting drink called a Guana grabber. Basically a pint of rum and fruit juice that will get the party started. Be warned it is almost humanly imposhhiblll to finush tree of thum.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Jan 2015, 20:53
So ... Long Island Iced Tea, anyone?

Noooooooooooo.:ouch:

There were a couple of bars, and then we were in the back of a pickup truck crossing the desert at night. Women were involved....and some pretty blue lights at some point.
I don't remember anything else...except getting a motorcycle out of a swimming pool the next day.

gorter
10th Jan 2015, 23:01
So ... Long Island Iced Tea, anyone?

Noooooooooooo.:ouch:

There were a couple of bars, and then we were in the back of a pickup truck crossing the desert at night. Women were involved....and some pretty blue lights at some point.
I don't remember anything else...except getting a motorcycle out of a swimming pool the next day.

Where do I sign up for that one. Never knew existed but want it more than anything else in the whole world Now!!!!

Rossian
11th Jan 2015, 16:57
......from that classy establishment, the Brass Nut on NAS Keflavik. The "Upside down Margarita on the bar".

Sitting on a bar stool, back to the bar, head lying on the bar top,mouth open;
barman pours all the ingredients of the margarita directly into your mouth. Close mouth, sit up, shake head to mix ingredients - down in one.

Oh the cultural joys of Iceland in the winter time when it's Chill Index 4 and you're not allowed outside. NOT!!

THe Ancient Mariner

Donkey497
11th Jan 2015, 21:10
Long Island Iced Tea.......

I seem to recall chilling on a giant leather couch shaped and coloured like a friesian cow in a bar on a barge at the Akerbrygge in Oslo one spectacular summer...:cool::cool:

I don't recall getting back to the hotel :(, or paying the bar bill :eek::eek::eek:, but I do recall a pair of impressive and lightly dressed Norwegian maidens walking past us, each casually doing something with an ice cream cone so impressive my colleague walked bent double for the rest of the afternoon.........:E

Where do these Nordic goddesses hide in the wintertime?.... You never see them between October and April. Does each Norwegian home have a special hibernation cupboard for them, or do they just migrate south?

reynoldsno1
12th Jan 2015, 01:06
the Brass Nut on NAS Keflavik

Oh sh*t, I think that was what I thought was a redundant synapse firing up ...:ooh:

Rossian
12th Jan 2015, 11:50
.....if you had any functioning synapses after an enforced stay in the Brass Nut you weren't really trying.

One of my lads also invented the "Miller High life" cocktail there: take one tin of Miller lite swallow one mouthful from the tin; top up with "Igor the Invisible" (1$ per 40oz bottle in the PX liquor store) place thumb over the hole and swill the tin; take another mouthful and repeat the process till the tin is empty or you fall over whichever comes first.

I'm surprised that I'm still here with a few working marbles I tell you.

The Ancient Mariner

PS regrettably said lad isn't.