View Full Version : Breitling Watch and Dubai

FL245
3rd Jun 2002, 20:44
I am about to buy a Breitling watch and was thinking of going to Dubai for a long weekend on a standby ticket and picking one up.

Can anyone tell me if Dubai is the place to buy it, and if so where abouts !

Many thanks.

themaskofh
3rd Jun 2002, 22:27
i think yes spesialy from dubai city centre

Recover
5th Jun 2002, 16:26
I was there at the end of last year and was looking to do the same thing. It wasn't AS cheap as I'd heard. The one I was looking at worked out at about £830 versus £1150ish in the UK. In the end I couldn't justify spending that much on a nice watch, but that is only a personal thing.

The best place I've seen them was Basle airport (when we used to operate there). Given the duty free and the 'extra' crew discount the same watch worked out at around £750ish. Zurich is not quite as good (pretty much the same as DXB), but I prefer the beaches of Dubai :)

All these prices exclude the payments necessary for HM Customs on return to the UK :rolleyes:

The fake Levis are better value :D . Have fun in DXB, we did.

And........

Recover

FL245
5th Jun 2002, 19:50
Thanks Recover,

I did not even think of ZRH. Was this in the duty free? and you say they also give crew discount?

Cheers

Misty Air
6th Jun 2002, 00:03
Plenty very good cheap copys available Al Karama,day or night.:D

Recover
6th Jun 2002, 11:04
FL245,

Haven't tried ZRH duty free, they may well have them. The ones I saw were in glass cases in the walkways going to/from the aircraft. Crew discount was certainly the case at Basle. I don't know the situation at ZRH, but it's certainly worth asking.

Misty,

I had a look at those (in their 'special' display cases out the back of the shops ;) ). As it was I was looking for an Aerospace, rather than one of those things with a hundred dials around the circumference of the watch. Do you think anyone ever uses those? The very helpful chaps in the shops were unable to help with my quest. :confused:

FL245
6th Jun 2002, 11:13
Recover

You dont happen to have the tel number for the shop from your reciept?

FL245

Recover
6th Jun 2002, 17:54
No mate, I didn't buy one in the end. Love the watch but I'm being a big girl at justifying that much dosh on a time-piece. I can give you the number of the shop where I got my current engineering marvel, but I think you've probably got an Argos near you :)