PDA

View Full Version : Strengthened Dollar > US training cost exploding

Krautwald
9th Jan 2015, 19:14
Hi all. I had planned to take my next modular steps in the US. Now with the situation as is, Europe being effectively destabilized, it looks like a 1:1 Dollar/Euro rate is the overall goal. At the very least, Euro buying power is going the wrong way.

Anybody else worrying about US training becoming equally expensive as in Europe, in effect?

May be a calculable risk for those training fast on an integrated program. For a long term modular approach, it seems more and more incalculable.

What is everybody thinking/doing about this?

sapperkenno
11th Jan 2015, 14:22
I don't think the direct costs involved in running an aircraft, or fuel, or airport fees will ever get to European levels. So it should always be a better option than Europe.

If you are talking about "European" schools operating in the US, like CTC and OAA etc, then the problem is with them charging too much, which is way over the odds anyway, and has nothing to do with the proper US flight training scene.

FRALH
16th Jan 2015, 08:42
I am in the same condition, planning a modular training in US and then convert it but due to the actual rate change between usd/€ I am thinking to earn the PPL in US and build the required hours to start an EASA commercial with IR and MEP here in Europe.