PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee Flypast Stansted

Agaricus bisporus
3rd Jun 2002, 20:00
To the nine gentlemen of the light blue persuasion who livened our day at STN today at 1320 local, a very big thank you.

Walking back to the office with my crew we were suddenly aware of an unusual noise, nine Hawks turning a beautiful smoke-on loop right over the runway. As the girls gasped in amazement (they're not airshow enthusiasts, most of 'em) the Sparrows broke for a stream landing passing right overhead. Most of the crew had never seen anything like that in our regulated procedural environment.

What style, what panache. Bloody wonderful.

:)

MrBernoulli
4th Jun 2002, 18:40
And didn't I laugh when Dimbleby, on BBC1, called Concorde the 'Duck' and the Red Arrows the 'Ducklings'! Laugh? I nearly s**t meself!

timzsta
5th Jun 2002, 21:07
Was fortunate enough to see the whole flypast whilst traveling back home after a days work at EGSS. Wondered what all the cars and folks by side of road were looking in the sky for. Then I realised, stopped at witnessed a great treat. Concorde still has a great deal of magic about it and I too saw the wonderful arrival of the Red Arrows earlier in the afternoon.