PDA

View Full Version : Royal Jordanian A310 Freighters

MikeMeister
8th Jan 2015, 21:31
RJA are operating two A310 Freighters, how much more economical life do these planes have left ?
Does anyone know when these will be retired or replaced ?
With their fleet of 787 Dreamliners, I suppose they have enough belly cargo capacity to counter the withdrawel of their dedicated freighters....

What are your thoughts ?

FEL1011
4th Feb 2015, 20:44
The belly containers are much lower profile and many have a smaller foot print which restricts the size of what one carries. The A310 can carry a lot more in size and weight. In a previous life I worked for a LARGE operator of the type in the cargo configuration, along with it's larger sibling. We had spanning loads and special configurations that would not work in a lower hold. Also, there are various goods which cannot be carried aboard passenger aircraft.

I hope this answers your questions.

Old Photo.Fanatic
6th Feb 2015, 11:44
To add to the thread without drifting?.
A photograph I took at Brussels Airport in May 2008.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/phredd10/Brussels%20May%202008_zpshhx4kukn.jpg

OPF

Amadis of Gaul
12th Feb 2015, 22:00
Even more thread drift. We were taxiing behind one of those -310s at JFK back in 2007 or 2008. It was nighttime, we were in JFK's usual line of about a ton and a half of airplanes. Ground controller asked what our position was. "Behind the Alia -310", I said. "Behind who?!!!"