PDA

View Full Version : Drivers in Russia

fleigle
8th Jan 2015, 20:56
BBC News - Russia says drivers must not have 'sex disorders' (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30735673)

Boy oh boy, after viewing the online antics on Russian dashcams I think that there must be a large percentage of the population who are sexual "deviants".

Personally I think that it may be due to excessive alcohol drinking, but banning that would need the whole culture to change.

I'm very happy that I live over here, instead of over there.
f

con-pilot
8th Jan 2015, 22:15
Well after viewing dashcam videos from Russia, there is definably something really wrong going on, but I agree with you, I think it has a lot more to do with drinking vodka than "sexual "deviants"." :p

mad_jock
8th Jan 2015, 22:20
Thats nothing compared to saudi

fleigle
9th Jan 2015, 02:30
Saudi, The Emirates, etc.....there the nutters totally believe that "God is great" and anything personally stupid that they do has nothing to do with the outcome "it is written" so it must be so.
I witnessed some horrendous crashes in E. Saudi and N. Oman on the road(s) in from the north.
f

meadowrun
9th Jan 2015, 03:25
Afghanistan......849
Angola..............2074
Bangladesh......1064
Benin.................8277
Burundi.............5960
Central Af Rep..13473
Rep Congo........1326
Ivory coast......868
Dem Rep Congo..3933
Eritrea..............4400
Ethiopia............3875
Guinea...............5770
Niger................2370
India...................212
Pakistan.............384
Rwanda..............2263
Sierra Leone....2940
Sudan.................9370
Russia.................55.4
Uganda...............1518
Canada...................9.3
France...................8.5
Ireland..................6.7
Netherlands........6.9
UK..........................6.2
US.........................13.6

So, no trending there.

Mechta
9th Jan 2015, 12:40
Only when you look at those figures and see roads in other countries can you begin to appreciate how the combination of good driver training (well, better than a lot of others), road safety legislation and the thought put into road design in the UK, has saved lives.

The 'guys and girls' at the Transport and Road Research Laboratory at Crowthorne (now TRL) have probably saved as many lives as the NHS, although as the accidents in most cases were avoided, no one would ever know. http://www.trl.co.uk/markets/road/

They do a lot of consultancy abroad now, so hopefully some of it will rub off over there, although improving the road design won't work if the mind set doesn't change.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--cUosNqCj--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/shono9r0inaiphmfg8kt.jpg

Stanwell
9th Jan 2015, 13:00
I can't quite read the sign on the mudflap..
Does it say "Calais or Bust"?

Mechta
9th Jan 2015, 14:04
I can't quite read the sign on the mudflap..
Does it say "Calais or Bust"?

Stanwell, Are sure that's its that run, as there are empty spaces underneath between the front and back wheels? :}