PDA

View Full Version : Female Helicopter pilots

charliefoxtrot
3rd Jun 2002, 18:50
Hello !

Currently training for my PPL. Anyone know of any female pilots working in the Carribean/ South America or Australia?

Best Wishes,

Charliefoxtrot

nungry
4th Jun 2002, 13:28
Not being a smart a@$e, but Australia is'nt real close to the Caribbean/ Latin America! Dosen't seem to be much choppa action here in the Carib, don't know about Latin America. There's Sh#tloads in Oz - its a bloody big country = lots of cows = lots of helimustering. Also plenty of tourist stuff on the coasts. I know a few choppa guys there and they're all saying its getting easier for antigravity machine work!!! Good luck!! Sorry, to answer the original question, yes there are plenty of female pilots!!

Captain Stable
4th Jun 2002, 14:09
CF - there used to be a helo service between Antigua and Montserrat after the volcano destroyed Montserrat's airport. I don't think any of the pilots were female, though.

You could try asking the same question in the Rotorheads forum.

Cathar
5th Jun 2002, 17:30
The Anituga/Montserrat service is still going, operated by Bajun Helicopters. I imagine that it will continue until a new aerodrome is built on Montserrat. I know nothing of the pilots.

rightpedalRIGHTPEDAL
12th Jun 2002, 18:56
There sort of was one a while back but he/she has returned to Blighty. Don't think that was what you were after anyway.:D

B Sousa
16th Jun 2002, 14:01
Curiosity is killing me. Is it that you are a female and looking for some "Peer Advice"?? If so, I can put you in contact with one..