PDA

View Full Version : B737 NG Type Rating + line training 500 hrs in North Africa

trouga
6th Jan 2015, 08:03
hi
Does anyone heard about this package (B737 NG Type Rating + line training 500 hrs in North Africa) ?? I saw in this web site : Directaerojobs.com - B737 NG Type Rating + Line Training 500 hrs in North Africa (http://directaerojobs.com/web/offres-emploi.b737-ng-type-rating--line-training-500-hrs-in-north-africa.18088)

despegue
6th Jan 2015, 12:32
Pay to work " pilots" are a disgrace to the profession.

Luckily, more and more airlines, including the one I fly for,refuse to hire former Pay to work "pilots" as their long term decisionmaking skills, maturity and most often proficiency are severly lacking.

Go ahead and waste your money to these criminals, but if you do, you will never be a true Flightcrew and Aviator.

LY-MML
6th Jan 2015, 18:45
I think this should be a privacy policy to everyone , pay for work i will never do it, that's why Pilots now days are being badly treated because of the few people who are showing how rich they are to buy the knowledge and moving forward faster in a wrong way thinking they are doing something great, before you think to move to the big ones start with the small ones , a lot of flying caravans in Africa for almost free, wasting thousands of dollars for line training wont help you anything please note that it is not Job but illegal training you will end up crying:{

Renaissance
7th Jan 2015, 18:55
Is it right for someone to steal medication to save the life of his dying sick grandmother?

Our understanding of morality evolves with maturity. A five year old will have a different view than a thirty five year old.

I used to be idealistic, but now I am practical. I have not paid for a type rating and hours, and even though I used to be firmly in the camp of those who would never do it, now I won't begrudge someone who does.

The industry has changed, and we need to accept it.

I did everything the traditional way. I got a university degree and got a CPL, then flew small airplanes as a bush pilot. I was a humanitarian pilot, a tourist driver, a medevac pilot, a single pilot IFR night freight pilot, an island hopper, scheduled turboprop pilot, Jet airline first officer, jet freighter captain and airline captain of EFIS jets weighing up to 72,575 kg. I have several thousand Jet PIC hours.

Today airlines do not care about your traditional route. Airlines want 1500PIC in Airbus A320/330/340/350/380 and Boeing EFIS/NG or wide body types (except 747-100 to -300) or first officers to have 500 or so hours in these types. The variety and quality of your work and life experience mean absolutely nothing anymore. So all the guys who have experience in DC-8's, F28, B732, B727, DC-3/4/5/6, TU-154, L1011 or what ever cool classic aircraft you can imagine are useless. The richness that such pilots can now bring to your cadre of pilots is now less important than the efficiency with which they can be converted to glass cockpit/FMS/magenta lines.

I have been in love with aviation for as long as I can remember. To all the naysayers of pilots doing what it takes to get the job they want, I ask you this: should I give up my dreams of a career in aviation in favour of this idealism? I can probably make more money doing something else, but if I can provide for my family as well as feed my soul, why should I give that up? Doesn't my happiness count?

I for one have chosen to be practical. I will do what I need to to ensure my happiness. I have been fortunate and blessed to be able to partake in the magic of flight. While some think I would do the industry a disservice by paying for a type rating, I think that by not seizing the available opportunities, I would be doing a disservice to all those who wished they could be given a chance; the poor, uneducated, unhealthy, yet super intelligent or down trodden who would/could make great pilots and colleagues save for their situation.

We aren't all subject to the same rules. It's not a level playing field, so if 500 hrs will get you your dream job, and you are a capable pilot, go for it

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Jan 2015, 19:18
Fill your boots. Just don't complain when airlines no longer employ pilots on a salary, preferring hobby pilots who'll pay for those hours instead.

Ts and Cs? Who needs 'em?

CentreOfExcellence
7th Jan 2015, 23:22
So for a true pilot shortage, we will now have to wait for a lack of qualified pilots, but one of trust fund babies with dreams of flying big shiny metal tubes NOW! In a Veruca Salt voice: I want it NOW! NOW NOW NOW!

Those of us with families to support who might have paid a few dues here and there will wholeheartedly disagree with spoiled rich kids and self-sponsored aviation "careers".

It's akin to taking future earnings away from us all. Greedy airline execs love rich kids.

What Twotter said. 'Nuff said.

Boeing737_IL
8th Jan 2015, 22:45
Just for your information . i have 4800 hours total and 2500 B737300400800
and no job.
do not waste your money.
cheers

Renaissance
9th Jan 2015, 06:45
The assumption is that it's always rich kids who end up doing this. It's not always the case. When the going gets tough, You need to do what is necessary to solve the problem.

Boeing737_IL You are not alone, and that's what I am getting at. Two former colleagues with 10,000 hrs each, and good jet experience are out looking for placements. If they are told to pay for a rating so that they can get a job and cater for their families, who are we to judge?

For the sake of argument, let's assume there are no bad pilots, and all the pilots hunting could pass the interviews if they were invited.

Jobs are out there. Not necessarily for those that are qualified, but for those that qualify, ie those for whom all the boxes can be ticked.

It's not a level playing field.

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Jan 2015, 10:54
And why should any company offer a paid FO position to someone who needs to feed their family when they can get people willing to pay them to occupy that seat?

pilotchute
9th Jan 2015, 11:47
Here lies the problem. Not so long ago, if you tried for x amount of time and weren't hired you would just move on. Now for some reason it's considered ok to throw another 50k at the problem of not having a flying job. Usually this ends with you having 50k less in the bank and still no job at the end. When does the madness stop?

captjns
10th Jan 2015, 04:08
Pay to Fly Schemes do nothing more than to lower the bar for those pilots who've earned their position by legitimate means, while the spoiled brats continue to subvert the system by ponying up some 50 grand to be baby sat whilst in the front of a shiny jet.

Shame on all of you:=

too_much
10th Jan 2015, 14:58
Not another line training discussion!! Jesus Christ how many of these do we have to have on pprune!

Can we not have a sticky in the wannabes section and be done with it!

It is not right to buy line training end of discussion!

Still there will always be someone that does it so what to do.

This is the millionth thread on the subject.....

Alphatangotango
11th Jan 2015, 11:09
This is the most sober sentiment I have heard this year! :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Jan 2015, 05:18
This is the most sober sentiment I have heard this year!

Fill your boots. Short sighted selfishness appears to be the norm, so disregard the damage it does to the market. Who needs a salary anyway...?

CentreOfExcellence
12th Jan 2015, 07:40
This is the most sober sentiment I have heard this year!

Yes, undoubtedly! Let's all go buy type ratings. It would be good stimulus for the world economy. I want a 787 type rating. Anyone want to share costs?

:ugh:

Renaissance
12th Jan 2015, 15:55
Airlines will hire hobby pilots and fireballs will rain down from heaven! What doom!?! maybe we should all hide in our caves.

Who is to say that Hobby pilots won't do a better job than the current crop of 'professionals'? Maybe passion will yield better pilots.

Anyway please take that in a light hearted way, for I don't intend to offend.

Those of us who have been around long enough to witness change maybe should make peace with it. When I started out, the thought of paying for a type rating was just alien, then many years later someone had a brain fart, and here we are living in an era of 3000 hour 25 year old narrow body jet captains in euro land. (Many of whom paid for their type ratings) Somehow the safety record ain't that bad.

The landscape for traditionalists like me has changed as has the city skyline and the plains that I can see from my patio. The traffic jams are not reducing, and the once barren plains are now dotted with corrugated iron sheets. I just have to deal with it, or else my anger at the change will drive me mad.

P2F schemes have rendered many good people unemployable, but nostalgia won't pay the bills, so why cry over spilled milk? Not everyone will agree. I'm not trying to convince anyone, simply sharing a point of view. I'm not going to get drawn into a drawn out argument over the matter. So thanks for the opposing view. I am enlightened

On an unrelated issue i haven't read all the threads on the matter, and I didn't know that there is a limit on how many times something can be discussed. I thought the forums were about discussion. If the subject matter is not to my taste I just move on. I understand how it can be too_much if you read all of them.

I'm off to fly and my next post might be in 2016 so don't take it too seriously.

Cheers

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Jan 2015, 17:30
Sure thing. Who needs a salary anyway? Just keep moving those goalposts out of reach and soon there won't be any entry level jobs available for those with families expecting a pay cheque. FO positions as a revenue stream for a company will adversely affect Ts & Cs for all crews, and passion won't impress the bank manager when you're late with your mortgage payments. Where does it end?

Encouraging what can only be regarded as detrimental to the industry is hardly the act of a responsible crew member.

Journey Man
12th Jan 2015, 21:02
Renaissance,

Could you explain this?

Who is to say that Hobby pilots won't do a better job than the current crop of 'professionals'? Maybe passion will yield better pilots.

There is an increasing concern in the industry that the contrary is true. The foundation of flight skills accrued whilst working up through the ranks; PIC time accumulated during that apprenticeship; are all valuable resources pilots call upon that can't be gained through the current trend of oversupply and self funding type ratings in a desperate attempt to get into an airline.

There are many facets of being a professional flight crew member beyond the handling skills. A commander must be able to have ethics in order to properly exercise his duty of care over the flight crew and cabin crew under his command. Impatience; entitlement; and selfishness are traits far too common to the modern trainee. A gross generalisation, I know.

Finally, how dare you insinuate that those who've walked the hard yards and done their apprenticeship, don't have passion. Throwing a large sum of money at the problem doesn't equate, at least in my eyes, to passion.