PDA

View Full Version : Do Microsoft executives secretly use Apple products?

cattletruck
4th Jan 2015, 10:13
Having a look through the logs of a website I noticed a few entries originating from microsoft.com using Safari on an IOS device with a small screen resolution.

Could it really be true? Wouldn't be hard to believe, some of them have to be human :E.

SamYeager
4th Jan 2015, 10:53
Got to check what the "enemy"' product is like! ;)

More seriously I don't believe Microsoft outlaw the use of competing products. Equally Microsoft have also ported various of their products such as Office to iOS.

mixture
4th Jan 2015, 11:12
cattletruck,

Microsoft do develop products for both Apple OS X and Apple iOS, as a result they maintain extensive well-equipped Apple lab facilities.

As well as direct product development, to give them their due, Microsoft have been making inroads into resolving historical interoperability issues between Windows Server and Apple (and Linux).

Going beyond that, staff and visitors to the Microsoft campus will no doubt be allowed to use whatever they want to use, like many corporates these days, Microsoft no doubt run a BYOD policy.

Or maybe, after god knows how many attempts at trying to make a Windows Phone that actually works, they've given up trying to force their staff to use them .... :E

cattletruck
4th Jan 2015, 11:35
Or maybe, after god knows how many attempts at trying to make a Windows Phone that actually works, they've given up trying to force their staff to use them .... :E

That's exactly what I was alluding to :E.
(and that they can't build a good user interface)

terrain safe
4th Jan 2015, 15:05
Didn't Microsoft own a small part of Apple?

I wonder if they still do.

mixture
4th Jan 2015, 16:09
Didn't Microsoft own a small part of Apple?

Oh that old chestnut .... :rolleyes:

The preferred stock was converted to common stock and eventually all sold by 2003.

It was all smoke and mirrors on the part of Microsoft because they were trying to fight off the antitrust folks at the time.