PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Airport Dubai - National Geographic Channel

Hadley Rille
3rd Jan 2015, 16:01
S2 Ep3 shows the ground crew starting an Emirates 777 with an inop APU.
Narrator: "Luckily you can jump start a plane using an air starter truck."
The ground engineer provides a sensible overview of how this is done. The narrator then takes over and fills in the details.
"Hoses pump high pressure air into one of the engine's cylinders, forcing a piston downward. As the engine starts to turn fuel is injected into the cylinders, the engine is then up and running and the air is cut off."
Brilliant.

TOWTEAMBASE
3rd Jan 2015, 18:11
They must be confusing it for ice pilots and their old piston donks :)

barry lloyd
3rd Jan 2015, 19:45
Brilliant. So long as you've got a decent set of ear defenders to hand...:)

RobShan
3rd Jan 2015, 23:31
This show is entertainment, they make it sound like towing an aircraft from the terminal to maintenance like a unusual risky operation.

crewmeal
4th Jan 2015, 06:56
In my view it's brilliant series spoilt by inaccuracies by the narrator (who I'm sure is handed a script) and that awful dramatic 'music'.

SpringHeeledJack
4th Jan 2015, 08:16
This show is entertainment, they make it sound like towing an aircraft from the terminal to maintenance like a unusual risky operation.

Well…there are more than a few wing tip collisions around the world at various airports every year, so although a trip to the maintenance is an everyday occurrence, it's not without risk and if the tow team get it wrong…..

SHJ

InSeat19c
24th Jan 2015, 15:28
An enjoyable, interesting series but every time I watch an episode I tend to come away with the same feeling - that airport is far too busy!