PDA

View Full Version : Any one want Toshiba MS Dos 3.3 on Micro Floppy Disk ?

Capetonian
3rd Jan 2015, 12:54
De-junking, I found 2x MF-2DD (sounds like a bra size) disks with Toshiba 'Diagnostics and Supplemental' on one, and MS Dos 3.3 on the other.

There's also a thing with about 15 pins on it that might be an internal memory card of some kind.

I had a Toshiba laptop similar to this one. Can't even remember what year.
http://classiccmp.org/dunfield/pc/h/t2200sx.jpg

Destined for the bin unless anyone has a use for them, which I doubt! I'm happy to post them to UK, EU, or ZA.

vulcanised
3rd Jan 2015, 14:08
I will throw in my Atari STFM and a Commodore PET.

mixture
3rd Jan 2015, 17:34
Capetonian,

Probably fit for a museum somewhere.

jimjim1
3rd Jan 2015, 19:20
Some old software has been "archived" on t'intertubes. You can download Netware 3.12 for example. A couple of years back I downloaded and installed Borland Turbo Pascal to rebuild something I wrote in the '80s. Worked:-). Borland have made the material available which I think is quite nice.

terrain safe
3rd Jan 2015, 19:21
Send it here : Computing History - The UK Computer Museum - Cambridge (http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/)

Great place trying to collect as much as possible of the computing history. Jason is a nice bloke and my son used to help out a lot before he went to university to study computing science.

cattletruck
5th Jan 2015, 09:05
I too was de-junking a couple of months ago and found an old Toshiba laptop just like in the picture. Apparently it still worked.

I remember I got it from an old boss ages ago. At one very short stage I had it as a car mp3 player and even had wired an external 2Gb IDE hard drive to it. The loom I made for the controls used a keyboard circuit board fitted inside a basic calculator case with some of the buttons relabeled. Unfortunately it would auto shutdown when the engine was turned off which was a hassle so I removed it. Then portable mp3 players hit the market so just as well.

I pulled it to bits and discovered an aluminum box inside that was just the right dimensions to house a guitar pickup coil for one of my acoustic instruments.

Glad I finally found a new use for the thing.