PDA

View Full Version : Wages

Brown eyes
3rd Jun 2002, 14:03
Just wondering how everyones wages work out? Does everyone get paid sector pay or does anyone get paid by the hour? Also, if you are paid by the sector, do you get any extra for delays?

quilfaitbeau
3rd Jun 2002, 23:23
Let's see....we get a basic salary, and then we get paid by the hour, from chocks on to chocks off. We will only get paid for delays when the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours(no fair!).

Our layover allowances are received upon checking in to a hotel. So, we get them in the local currency...convenient.

That's all that I can think of. I hope that answered your question.

Northern Hosty
5th Jun 2002, 15:41
Get a basic salary and then get hourly flight pay.

Used to work for an airline where we were paid per sector, not good, Did'nt get paid any more for a delay and if we were more then 2 hours late, punters got a free bar.......... NO COMMISION....:mad: :mad:

Psr777
6th Jun 2002, 10:13
Lets see,

In general, cain crew get paid x , bar grades get paid x + £3000 and Psrs get paid x + £4300 . Pretty basic stuff really. In addition we receive hourly flight pay, same for all ranks. Commission on bars is the same percentage whether for a pay bar or a comp bar.

We also get deadheading when we have reached our maximum FDP. We use a company credit card to withdraw our allowances before and during our trips away, if you don't want one, no problem you pre fund yourself (which is good because you have no bill to pay at the end of the month).

Part of the pay package is in the form of concessions. Ours are pretty good. Stanby flights etc with most major airlines as well as with the charter section. We also get great last minute deals on in house holidays and have access to our parent companies travel schemes.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think we are paid enough :D :D :D