PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Lives (or at least his planes may)

finfly1
3rd Jan 2015, 02:06
Slideshow Landing Page - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi (http://www.wlox.com/slideshow?widgetid=139546&clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass)

finfly1
3rd Jan 2015, 05:13
OK. Sorry. The part of the WLOX story where it explained that they are going to be auctioned didn't copy.

Buster Hyman
3rd Jan 2015, 06:52
I was expecting the Sikorsky Skycrane!

mikedreamer787
3rd Jan 2015, 07:39
Wouldn't be able to lift the weight.

PLovett
3rd Jan 2015, 08:23
There no bleedin' use. Static only according to the ad.

Fareastdriver
3rd Jan 2015, 10:51
Details here. I tried the auction house but my antivirus blocked it.

Elvis Presley?s private planes up for sale | fox8.com (http://fox8.com/2015/01/02/elvis-presleys-private-plans-up-for-sale/)

con-pilot
3rd Jan 2015, 19:37
The funny thing is, Elvis never used or even rode in the CV-880. The Jetstar yes, he used it, but never the 880.

After he died, an aircraft salesman that I knew bought the 880 and we all thought he was crazy. I asked him how much he was going to ask for it and he told me that he had no intention of selling it. Then we knew he was crazy.

Until he moved it to across the street from Graceland and started charging Elvis fans $20.00* a head to walk through it.

He made a frickin fortune, then he sold it years later and made another fortune.

* To be honest, I canít remember the actual price he charged, but it was around 20 bucks a head.

PLovett
3rd Jan 2015, 22:56
Con, the article or ad says the last use for the 880 was to fly Priscilla and Lisa-Marie to the funeral.

Sop_Monkey
3rd Jan 2015, 23:06
If my memory serves me correctly, he had wanted to take the CV 880 to some real short strip somewhere. Apparently no one had the heart to explain to him that it just couldn't be done.

It may have been the Jetstar but I keep thinking it was the 880.

con-pilot
3rd Jan 2015, 23:28
Con, the article or ad says the last use for the 880 was to fly Priscilla and Lisa-Marie to the funeral.

That is possible and to be honest I don't know. I have a very good friend that used to fly for Elvis in a BAC-111 that Elvis was leasing prior to buying the 880 and he is the one that told me Elvis never flew in the 880. The tour that Elvis was getting ready to leave on when he died would have been the first time Elvis would have flown on it.

It would make sense that Priscilla and Lisa-Marie used it after Elvis died before it was sold.

mach zero
13th Apr 2015, 22:42
Any news on the fate of the Lisa-Marie? I'm very curious as my grandfather delivered it new to Delta from Convair.