PDA

View Full Version : Time to reflect.

G-CPTN
1st Jan 2015, 15:30
Year-end is a time when, traditionally, folk look back at the events of the previous twelve months.

Here is a list of some of the people who 'left us':-
Obituary 2014 ? paying last respects to the notable deaths of the year | Metro News (http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/01/in-memoriam-paying-last-respects-to-the-notable-deaths-of-2014-4970415/)

Whilst not wishing to be morbid, we are all destined for death, and it is interesting to run through the list - with the occasional internet search - to note the ages of the departed and their method of departure.

Some survived into 'old age', others 'died young' - some from accident, some from illness, and some by their own hand.

mikedreamer787
1st Jan 2015, 16:45
Roger. Reflecting.

http://robinheyden.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mirror.jpg

Capetonian
1st Jan 2015, 16:59
Received this early today :

Boarding on Flight ✈ 2015 has been announced....... Your luggage 💼 should only contain the best souvenirs from 2014..... The bad and sad 😔 moments should be left in the garbage.......
The duration of the flight will be 12 months.
So, tighten your seatbelt 💺
The next stop-overs will be Health, Love 💖, Joy, Harmony, Wellbeing and Peace ✌. The captain offers you the following menu which will be served during the flight.......
A Cocktail 🍸 of Friendship
A Supreme of Health
A Gratin of Prosperity
A Bowl 🍜 of Excellent News 📰
A Salad of Success
A Cake 🎂 of Happiness
All accompanied by bursts of laughter......
Wishing you and your family 👪 an enjoyable trip on board flight ✈ 2015.....🌟💥✨💥🌟
Before 2⃣0⃣1⃣4⃣Ends,
Let Me Thank All The Amazing People Like You 👍
Who Made 2014 Beautiful For Me.
I Pray You Are Blessed With a Spectacular Year Ahead.
I Wish You A
🌹Fantastic JANUARY🌹
💖Lovable FEBRUARY💖
🌾Marvelous MARCH🌾
🌻Amazing APRIL🌻
☀Enjoyable MAY☀
🍀Successful JUNE🍀
☔Wonderful JULY☔
🇮🇳Indepedent AUGUST
🌺Powerful September🌺
🍔Tastiest OCTOBER🍔
🎉Beautiful NOVEMBER
⛄Happiest DECEMBER
💐Have A
WONDERFUL YEAR
2015!

RJM
1st Jan 2015, 17:33
I'm tempted to say 'Bah, humbug', or recite Richard III's monologue, but then I think I might be turning into an uncharitable old bastard before my time. (I'm sure prooning has nothing to do with that!).

Instead, I'll smile and thank you for your good wishes, :E , and wish the same to you and yours.

radeng
1st Jan 2015, 22:46
Except radeng's 'happy new year' isn't quite so happy - elder brother (77) died peacefully at 2000 hrs today after a short illness. Thankful it was relatively quick and painless, though.

'To all men in this land death cometh soon or late' - Macauley.

Fliegenmong
2nd Jan 2015, 06:49
Sorry to hear that Radeng.......relative quick and painless at the very least...:sad:

Attended a funeral today here...

Prep School Year Level | TSS School (http://www.tss.qld.edu.au/Community/Chapel/Chapel.aspx)

An old family friend......

My Father and I, being 'Old Boys', along with about 15 other 'Old Boys' shouted the school war cry as they carted his casket out of the chapel...

Hated the school myself, and was not there for long......surprised that I remembered that old Latin war cry.....felt oddly uniting....even though I hated the place.....

All best Radeng, and thoughts with you at this difficult time....

radeng
3rd Jan 2015, 19:25
Thanks Fliegen....

Apparently there has been so many deaths over the holidays that the crematorium is booked solid up until the week beginning the 19th!

OFSO
3rd Jan 2015, 19:31
Sympathies, radeng. It's always sad but for some reason more so at the festive season when we are supposed to be jolly, or just after the turn of the year when we are supposed to be happy and positive looking forward to the next one.

'To all men in this land death cometh soon or late' - Macauley.

To that one can add the line from Kenny Rogers "The Gambler"..."and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

Juliet Sierra Papa
3rd Jan 2015, 20:19
Except radeng's 'happy new year' isn't quite so happy - elder brother (77) died peacefully at 2000 hrs today after a short illness. Thankful it was relatively quick and painless, though.
Very sorry to here this news radeng sincere sympathies.