PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Jetconnect Auckland

bsyllie
30th Dec 2014, 20:28
Hi all,

I'm looking to return to flying after a nearly 3 year hiatus and Qantas Jetconnect are currently recruiting for long and short haul international based in Auckland. Is anyone out there currently employed by or have worked for Qantas Jetconnect in long haul? I understand Jetconnect is a subsidiary of Qantas, just wondering what the contracts are like, are they fair? I used to work with someone who had previously flown long haul for Jetconnect out of Auckland who said the contract wasn't so crash hot, this was a while ago though and I know the industry is constantly changing so I expect things may have changed since then. Also what are the rosters typically like for long haul? Do you get to spend any significant time at home? I used to fly short haul international based out of Christchurch and we would often get several days in a row at home, 3 or 4. People would often ask me if I ever worked :P however I wouldn't know what to expect from a long haul roster, aside from you should obviously expect to spend a fair chunk of it away from home! But after a lengthy trip what might the rest period be back at base? Just trying to garner a fair idea of what to expect, otherwise I'm looking at short haul for Air NZ :) thanks!

Takeoffwithme
29th May 2016, 03:15
heya, i work with jetconnect short haul based, just wanted to let you know that at the moment the pay is being frozen as they are still discussing the contract with the union. to be honest the contract is not bad and the company and people are amazing. from what i know of the long haul rosters, they do have quite a lot of time away from their homes, but once you get back you have about 2-3 days at home before your next trip. as for short haul from what i know they wont be doing any more ground schools until next year. i know they are doing an intake for long haul quite soon. your best option is to possibly go into short haul for a year and get a feel for it and they swap over to long haul, if you want. short haul is good and is a great place to gain the experience needed for long haul.

hopefully i answered your questions. if anything else just private message me.