PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the irony!

Torque Tonight
30th Dec 2014, 20:03
Seems that even gypsies don't like living next to gypsies! Now they know how everyone else feels.

BBC News - Gypsies object to expansion of Caegarw camp in Margam (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-30632021)

Gertrude the Wombat
30th Dec 2014, 20:44
There are different groups / clans / families / whatever, and, we (politicians) are told (by the experts), some of them hate each others' guts. Regarding all travellers as a homogenous group is not helpful, and providing multiple small sites rather than one large one can save considerable time, trouble and money in the long run.

Dunno if that's what's going on here or not, mind - an attempt to mix two groups who don't want to be mixed. Could just be NIMBYs, just like anyone else.

G-CPTN
30th Dec 2014, 20:48
The same applies to non-gypsies:-

Bedlington protestors battling planning permission get result they hoped for - The Journal (http://www.thejournal.co.uk/north-east-analysis/bedlington-protestors-battling-planning-permission-8350969)

See the location:- https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Netherton+Ln,+Bedlington,+Northumberland+NE22/@55.1313899,-1.6183253,118m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x487e0cae4067d771:0xe175728d2576ee2 d

and here:- https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Netherton+Ln,+Bedlington,+Northumberland+NE22/@55.1316386,-1.6179172,3a,75y,271.41h,77.23t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3AMTQpwIzOja1tBuhttnUA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x4 87e0cae4067d771:0xe175728d2576ee2d

Super VC-10
30th Dec 2014, 22:25
NIMBYS, or PIKEYS?

Gertrude the Wombat
31st Dec 2014, 10:47
Dunno where you're going, Gertie
I wasn't going anywhere. I was simply, as a public information service, reporting the advice that is given to those who have to make the decisions.

Blacksheep
31st Dec 2014, 10:49
Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are protected minorities under the Equalities Act. They have additional rights over the rest of the population.

As an example, this includes the right to take their children out of school during term time to participate in traditional cultural activities - such as harvesting, sorting scrap and BFG weddings. This gives schools that have a high proportion of 'traveller' children a few headaches. OFSTED makes no allowance for traveller absence in judging a school's attendance figures. Schools are also expected to demonstrate 'accelerated progress' for this group, which requires additional expenditure on Teaching Assistants - using money that comes from our local taxes of course.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
31st Dec 2014, 11:02
Blacksheep - Pikeys have other rights over and above other citizens. Here are some:

1) The right to break gates / fences etc to gain access to set up caravan sites on private or public land.

2) The right to trash that land, including the churning up of games fields by use of heavy vehicles etc, and not to have to make good such damage.

3) The right to leave detritus on that land in the form of excrement, used drug needles, burned out caravans, domestic rubbish, building rubble etc.

They must be able to do all of this within the law, as they are never called to book as others might be who committed such vile acts.

Council tax payers, in this neck of the woods at least, are fed up of paying for the clean-up operations after Pikeys have exercised such 'rights'.

Oh, and local crime figures rocket while the Pikeys are in residence, and fall after they leave. But I'm sure that's always just a co-incidence.

Torque Tonight
31st Dec 2014, 11:48
Gypsies have no qualms occupying others' private property, fields, public parks, sports pitches, car parks etc and generally cause havoc for a few weeks, before moving on leaving squalor and damage behind them. Any objections are met with claims of discrimination.

So it's a bit rich for one set of gypsies to raise any objection to the arrival of other gypsies. I guess it's just human nature that once you have a little place you call home, you don't want to see it trashed by inconsiderate and objectionable d--kheads.

Not so long ago we had some who decided to occupy sports pitches which were also used as the air ambulance landing site for the local hospital, preventing air movements in or out for about a month. On their eviction they left behind mountains of building rubble, presumably from their 'waste clearance' trade. The football pitches were unusable for months due to the topsoil being contaminated with nails, screws, wire and oil, risking nasty injuries for anyone taking a tackle where they had been. All this had to be decontaminated at enormous expense to those who actually pay council tax. Meanwhile, the happy band of travellers just moved along to the next park and repeated the process.:mad::ugh:

chuks
31st Dec 2014, 11:59
I was amused to hear of some travelers from Ireland who pitched up in Minden, Germany. After a few weeks of the usual trouble, the German authorities sent in an SEK (SonderEinsatzKommando), the German version of a SWAT team. The travelers left abruptly and have not until now returned.

My friends showed me some pictures of the young women from this Irish group. They looked like slags, actually, but what do I know?