PDA

View Full Version : QMP(H) wants PPL(A)

3 Point
30th Dec 2014, 09:21
Wonder if anyone can point me at the relevant section of CAP 804? I have a QMP(H), no longer in current flying practice who now wants to fly SEP aeroplanes for recreation. The procedure seems quite clear for QMP(H) to Helo licence or for QMP(A) to Aeroplane licence but not for someone who has seen the light and wants to fly forwards!

I'm mostly looking for references as to what exams he has to sit and which ones he is credited.

Many thanks

Whopity
30th Dec 2014, 11:03
A few years ago it was quiite easy, 5 hours and a Skill Test. Now it more complicated but this document (http://www.poweredadventure.co.uk/fly/images/nppl_x_credit.pdf) may be of use:
(b) Credits from Flying Training. Any previous flying experience in
Single Engine Piston (Land) aeroplanes may be counted towards the 32 hour
minima of flying training and consolidation required before the applicant may take the NPPL NST and GST required for the grant of a NPPL(SEP).
This could include:
(1) Service Flying Scholarship flying.
(2) Unfinished PPL courses.
(3) University Air Squadron (UAS) flying.
(4) Service Pilots under training.
(5) Service Pilots withdrawn from flying training.
All hours must be properly logged and certified by the Chief Flying
Instructor or Commanding Officer as appropriate. Applicants must ensure
that each individual exercise requirement is fully met.

Convert NPPL to LAPL(A) then to PPL(A)

BEagle
30th Dec 2014, 11:54
Whopity, that document is years out of date!

Current cross-credit is now in CAP 804 Part II Section 5 Part A Appendix 1 Page 5-6.

However, the best sequence for military pilots remains NPPL/SSEA to PPL(A)via 'virtual' LAPL(A).

3 Point
1st Jan 2015, 17:49
Beagle and Whopity, thanks very much for your responses. Most useful and I'm now following up on similar responses on the Flyer forum so I'll end this tread here.

Best wishes for a very Happy New Year!!

3 Point