PDA

View Full Version : tits up for flight training in the states???

pipergirl
23rd Sep 2001, 19:32
so do u reckon that heading to the states for flight training is going to be any different than it was b4?
are they gonna b monitoring people a bit closely?
i have also heard that vfr flight in florida is not allowed at the moment...is there any truth to this?
would u head over if u had originally planned b4 this, or would u not bother risk it for a biscuit? :confused:

LGL737
23rd Sep 2001, 19:40
Hi Pipergirl!!

Dont know about your first two points, but from what I've heard is that the flying schools have been allowed to resume their business and vfr flights are allowed except around the NY airspace and around washington. I would check, if it was possible for foreing students to come over to fly myself first before leaving , Dont know what the FAA is saying about this at the moment, maybe someone else here does , anyone else ???

Best rgds
LGL

[ 23 September 2001: Message edited by: LGL737 ]

GoneWest
23rd Sep 2001, 19:48
All flight training resumed - INCLUDING in "enhanced" Class B airspace....odd thing is though, that licesed pilot cannot fly VFR inside enhanced Class B - but students can!

SchoonerBoy
23rd Sep 2001, 20:55
Students still cannot go solo in "enhanced" Class B airspace.

Don't let this put you off though. Schools that lie inside this airspace are getting around this by having student and instructor fly and land at an airfield outside Class B and then have the student start and end their solo flight from the new airfield.

It takes more time and the instructor probably won't be too chuffed hanging around a different airport while you do your solo but, heah, it will get the job done.

SPRINTING RABBIT
23rd Sep 2001, 21:18
Hello there Pipergirl!
Well it looks like things are returning to normal over here and as previously stated the only restrictions are solo flight in Class B and over certain TFR sports events, etc. Best bet is to check the AOPA website as it is very comprehensive and should answer all of your queries. As with before immigration will be tight, so dont mention you are coming over to do flight training, just for a visit!
Good luck and happy flying....its still touching 30 degrees most days here and the humidity is dropping too, so ideal! :cool:
ttfn